Micra VS ZX

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and I don't actually have a Micra yet.
For my next car I am thinking of either a Micra (1.0 or 1.3) or a Citroen ZX 1.9 D.
Cheapness is the key here. I only usually spend £300 - £400 on a car. I have heard the ZX is amazing on fuel, being a deisel, but a Micra would be more fun to drive. Whats everyones thoughts on this?
Is there much difference in economy between the 1.3 and the 1.0? What about performance? Will a 1.3 blow the doors off the 1.0?
Cheers in advance.

Mike

For a start french desiels are never the greatest. I drive and Skoda Desiel and although it's not as quiet as a petrol its alot quietier than my neighbours "Taxi" lol

personally if this is going to be your first car then a Micra is the best for you. Cheap to insure and run (considering prices in this day and age) and they are very nippy.

A 1.3 is quicker (by a fair bit) than the 1.0 however A tuned 1.0 could keep up with a std 1.3 with no problems. Personally I'd do some home work. See if your insurance and running budget will take a 1.3 - if it can best do that. Also the LX models are cracking examples. They don't weigh as much as the super s/ SR yet have the same engine and running gear.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Its not my first car. I'm 26 and I've got loads of no claim bonus. I just go for cheaper cars as it gives me mor money to spend on my motorcycle.
Its good to know that the LX models have the same stuff as the SR, that may convince me to go for a 1.3 micra. How are these cars on fuel?

If the citreon does not die soon, it will probably be cheaper if there is not much wrong with it than the Micra to run. I had a R19RT (TD) for a while. Absoutely killed any micra I have driven for MPG, and 100000x more comfortable, but not worth fixing when the gearbox died.

Back