fiesta vs micra

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
my mate seems to think that he could beat my 1.3gx with his 1.3 finesse. I have been checking the specs on parkers.com and mine beats him except the CC where as I have 1275 he has 1299. I still reckon I could kick his arse although most people reckon he would beat me. I seriously doubt that, being beaten by a micra that would be funny!

I dunno where there is one round here we thought about having a drag race near the car dealerships.

I dont think you took the hint. Street racing is not permitted at all on the MSC.

Nah I didnt sorry, it wouldnt be worth it anyway, I do happen to like my driving lisence. Dont want any more points etc. All I know is Id win hyperthetically.

fiesta suck, i was dragging with my cousin and he owned a 1.3 encore fiesta, and i was using my 1.3 micra. started at the lights and i got ahead of him. He had only him and my brother in his car and I have a full load of people in mine yet I smoked him. (Obviously in my naive driving days)

Yah, was fun and it was an experience which I will never do again...

you need to realise though, that with the fiesta.. it only has 8 valves, which gives the micra an upper hand as it had dohcs. only the zetec comes with 16valves when every micra came with 16valves.. well the k11 upwards, not sure about the k10's.

I know Im right I dont need to prove it to him its pointless. On paper my car has a better specification Anyway enough about this.

Hmm well i think theres a difference between street racing, and a traffic light duel.
Because i don't think there can be many people on here who haven't been alongside someone at a set of lights and thought 'Hmm, i wonder if i can pull ahead of him' IMO a race to the speed limit is not street racing, because theres no law governing how fast you can accelerate, just your top speed.

the micra would win hands down reasons why:

its lighter
the engine is 16v twin cam multi-point injection (ie. modern)
engine revs more and can take a bigger load of crap
micra has more BHP

Hmm well i think theres a difference between street racing, and a traffic light duel.
Because i don't think there can be many people on here who haven't been alongside someone at a set of lights and thought 'Hmm, i wonder if i can pull ahead of him' IMO a race to the speed limit is not street racing, because theres no law governing how fast you can accelerate, just your top speed.

It's not about who does it and who doesn't do it. It's about not discussing it here.

There is a law governing how fast you can accelerate. If you're trying to beat somebody off a set of lights, you're racing them. Accelerating this hard on a public road, can be deemed as Danegerous Driving, or Driving without Due Care for other road users.

Possibly but what i deem accelerating hard in a micra some bloke in a much more powerful car would probably do habitually simply because his cars that fast.
Just because i'm putting my foot down when accelerating doesn't mean i become incapable of watching the road...
However back on topic:

IMHO on a private track with all the appropriate permits for the noise of revving engines, and police permission etc.
The micra would win. Its also my opinion that most people would go for the fiesta.

I may also be completely wrong and talking out my other end :(

Possibly but what i deem accelerating hard in a micra some bloke in a much more powerful car would probably do habitually simply because his cars that fast.

This is a good point, on my bike if i ride VERY gently i can still outpace even scoobys, lancers, the usual fast street cars (NOT RACING, simply pulling away from a stop, even if they are flat out). but thats me going very gently from lights up a slip way to a 70mph motorway (slough junction onto M4). as long as im not full throttle front wheel in the air then its simply my machine is designed by default to accelerate faster, and as long as i stop accellerating at 70mph then its fine.

my $0.02

EDIT: In fact i remember getting told off on my car test for not accellerating fast enough to join a 70mph road (A3). i was obviously trying to drive nice and safe but he said next time use the revs sensibly and match the traffic speed on the motorway while on the slip, much easier and safer to join. (the 10mph M-Road driver rings a bell hehehe)

There's a big difference between a car pulling away quickly because it's designed like that. And dumping the clutch with a bit of wheel spin and the exhaust screaming. Accelerating quickly is totally different than racing somebody off a set of lights.

EDIT: In fact i remember getting told off on my car test for not accellerating fast enough to join a 70mph road (A3). i was obviously trying to drive nice and safe but he said next time use the revs sensibly and match the traffic speed on the motorway while on the slip, much easier and safer to join. (the 10mph M-Road driver rings a bell hehehe)

Yeah that's totally correct. The slip roads are there to ensure your a suitable speed to join motorway traffic. With regards to general traffic lights, there's usually no need to accellerate fast!

If you wanna see who's car is fastest - save it for the pod!

There's a big difference between a car pulling away quickly because it's designed like that. And dumping the clutch with a bit of wheel spin and the exhaust screaming. Accelerating quickly is totally different than racing somebody off a set of lights.

Lol when you put it like that!

Even so thats not inherently dangerous, its no worse than playing your stereo at high volume in a residential area.

Do it! (on a private road / racetrack of course) Mate has a 1.3 Fiesta and it does seem quite poky, and the speedo goes up to 140mph (rather optimistic of Ford..but true). Reckon it would be a close match if the cars were both in mint condition, but wouldnt fancy its chances if it was 10 year old Micra vs 10 year old Fiesta.

Do it! (on a private road / racetrack of course) Mate has a 1.3 Fiesta and it does seem quite poky, and the speedo goes up to 140mph

Lol this doesnt mean a thing, My brothers work transit van (V reg) speedo goes up to 140, o_O It barly reaches 60 Ford cant be bothered to change the clocks thats all.

probably due to the fact its cheaper to use the same clocks in a lot of models then keep changing them, makes sense really.

Do it! (on a private road / racetrack of course) Mate has a 1.3 Fiesta and it does seem quite poky, and the speedo goes up to 140mph (rather optimistic of Ford..but true).

lol, ignore the clocks. My 125 has a digital speedo, that will probably read to 999mph.

Do it! (on a private road / racetrack of course) Mate has a 1.3 Fiesta and it does seem quite poky, and the speedo goes up to 140mph (rather optimistic of Ford..but true). Reckon it would be a close match if the cars were both in mint condition, but wouldnt fancy its chances if it was 10 year old Micra vs 10 year old Fiesta.

his fiesta is i think a 03 plate where as my micra is about 10 years old in marxh I believe.

bottom line is the k11 block is lighter and more powerful than the festa also the micra is prob alot lighter than the festa.

people always think their car is better take your cars to santa pod and settle the argument ;)

then ill #### on his fire with my k10 as well :D

here's your proof, direct from parkers;

model/0-60/topspeed/power(flywheel)

festa
1.3 Finesse 3d 15.3 s 98 mph 69 bhp

Micra
1.3 GX 3d (96) 11.6 s 106 mph 75 bhp

My k10 ;)

1.0LS 8.1 119(so far) 80-85(will be confirmed next weekend)

yup :) indicated on GPS, there is alot of abandond runways near me, technically not supposed to be on them but i have some friends in the MOD who where kind enough to point out the ones with no security shhhhhhhhhhh :)

i believe kev did near 115 in his old k10 a long time ago all off road of course!

Id like to go to that race meet, try and convince my mate to go with me in his fiesta and beat him. problem is I work every damn weekend:(

it may be better in terms of nicer trim more gadgets or whatever but the CG13 engine is far better than fords for a start is has much more power and far far more reliablity! i saw a fiest ST (07 plate) catch fire the other day was in the news apprently it just burst in flames lol nice one ford!

Back