micra vs clio rivalry??

Lol, is there some sort of UK micra/clio rivalry that I don't know about..

as a few of you know i've had a turbo micra for years now and have a few vids up on youtube..

anyway this guy comes along and starts telling me its fake and what not, and i dont really pay much attention to it but i thought i'd screw around with this guy anyway..

but then yeah..the guy had no idea so i saved myself losing braincells over it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPMSdEn2sfE

if you are interested..hehe

not really a rivalary, but some of the sport owners are ######. They think their 180bhp clios are the fastest thing on the planet.. Then again, the same can be said for some of the 1.2 owners...

lol nice one ed, hows everything going with the car anyway? no more blowing hoses?

when was that vid taken? whatd you end up running in the end?

that run was a low 14. Had a 20mph head wind. Its got crash damage still which im waiting for a payout on. some transit drove into it on a motorway. At the moment its dead with a blown headgasket. I shall bring it back to life next year but I need to keep most of my funds now for fusion ms.

OH dear what a moose lol!

I had a race with a m8's Clio 172 on Sunday at an organised event :p. He went to a Clio RR day last week and got 198bhp at the fly. I overtook him coming off bend then there was a long straight and we both went for it, I pulled away slightly from him upto 50mph, then after that he just couldnt keep up. The next day at work he was talking to some garage on the phone about a supercharger kit, I don't think he was best pleased :p

hehe,

Nis.

we defo shoulda had a 182 style micra, well not a 82 style but like a high BHP for a small hatchback like the clio fiesta ST etc.....

and when ian you know?

well my guess is when the k12 is 10 years old, since iirc the rest of them were aroudn that age? anyway, within the next few year.

182 - they are not reliable cars!! They were advertised as little hot hatches to appeal to the younger generation - which they did. The engines arent really that strong and after a bit of abuse they do show it - very much so! Iv seen a good few at work needing a fair bit of work done to them!

That is a K11 turbo, and the noise is caused by the lack of a BOV or recirculating valve.

So when the throttle is closed the pressurised air tries to get out the other way in the opposite direction. Causing it to flutter or stall.

It's so loud because the engine is in the engine bay.

Back