**micra very rough help please...**

recently my micra died. would start solved the problem by replacing the distributor.
my micra is a 1.3 and the dizzy was from a 1.0.

since i got it back running the iddles about 500revs instead of the normall 1000.
when u put my foot down it takes a 2seconds or so to get moving.
any ideas??
i dont know if it will be distributor as the engine size of the distributors dont matter and both look identical

im lost lol.
how do i advance it clockwise??
remove distributor and turn it clockwise a turn??
this forum is very very helpfull

slacken the two bolts what hold the dizzy and turn it clockwise. to do this properly you need a timing gun or get it checked out from a garage.

ohh ok.
so basically slacken both bolts, remove cam cover and take the cog off and twist it a turn and put it back in. yeah??
does it take long in a garage half a hour??

ohh ok.
so basically slacken both bolts, remove cam cover and take the cog off and twist it a turn and put it back in. yeah??
does it take long in a garage half a hour??

no shammy, just twist the dizzy (the 2 bolt holes are slotted) :)

no shammy, just twist the dizzy (the 2 bolt holes are slotted) :)

frank wins for the most accurate post.

the dissy is slotted so you can have a small amount of adjustment in the timing, the cams stay where they are. also the timing is automatically controled by a vacume pipe but that is just crude lol

frank wins for the most accurate post.

the dissy is slotted so you can have a small amount of adjustment in the timing, the cams stay where they are. also the timing is automatically controled by a vacume pipe but that is just crude lol

fair enough frank knows more than me anyways :grinning: where is this vacum pipe located?

the 2 bolts in dizzy are the one at front and one at rear slacken off rotate clockwise you will be able to hear the differance when you turn it but go gentle and turn it very slowly

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 233
wiked cant i do it diy without a timing light?

you can, thats what Ken is suggesting, but he missed out that you do this with the engine running, then move it carefully and you will hear the engine change, but go too far you will stall the engine and have to start again.

ohh i get yah,
so start car up slacken two bolts and remove and quicky re insert the distributor. untill engine feels right??
thougth the cogs fings could wear out quickly as the cogs will be turning and me jamming it back in would wear it out

sorry nex i took it for granted that he would know to have the engine running lol when you adjust it not to worry eh lmao
just slaken the bolts dont remove anything just turn it very slowly you will hear the pitch of engine ie fast idel slow idel hunting ect if you have a rev counter in set it so its between 500 &1000 rpm when warm or buy a timeing strobe under 15 quid from motor factors and use that easy peasy

sorry to be very annoying turn what actually??
the whole distributor?? it wont turn tho will it as it has only one place it can fit where bolts go.

if you look at where the bolts go through you will see the hole is elongated (spelin) this allows the dizzy to turn about an inch or so one way then back again

Back