Micra MOT

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Well i've just booked my MOT for next wednesday. I've spent a lot on the car so far including recent bodykit and lowered suspension.

Just hope there's nothing wrong with my beast!! I'll give the MOT people a laugh, Hopefully bodykit will be finished this weekend (weather permitting)!!! Really wanna show u guys my lovely work :D

I'll let u know how the MOT goes, just hope nothing/not a lot needs doing!!

Good luck mate! if you've still got the 100's fitted, i hope the tyres dont fail you!! :p

Arnold said:
Good luck mate! if you've still got the 100's fitted, i hope the tyres dont fail you!! :p

They're still battling strong, even though i've been screetching them round corners, lol. I might buy some fox 15s after pay day though, need something to complement my modifications!!

Those wheels are still really well balanced even though I haven't had them rebalanced. I'll check the thread this weekend though, if they're crap I got the old steelies with OK tires on!!!

Bodykit - lowered - with 13" steelies....mmm nice

James said:
Never told me you had an MOT last night! Some people eh? :rolleyes: lol

Let us know how it went :)

Only booked it today :p

Sorry James, well u only turned up for 15 minutes, then u drove home BREAKING the speed limit!

Completly Stupid Things!!!!

1 Headlight beam 2 High
1 Headlight Beam 2 Low
1 Headlight blown! it was working last night coz I was using it, lol
1 Rear Number Plate Light Blown
Something 2 do with some rear brake valve (been told WD40 n Hammer should sort it out)
And the front shocks need tightening up!

A piece of Pie really!!!

My Boss claims it's failed on nothing!!!!

is it the rear brake piston/caliper/drum effort thats failed? if so might as well replace them only cost about a tenner each.

wilsonian said:
is it the rear brake piston/caliper/drum effort thats failed? if so might as well replace them only cost about a tenner each.

Dunno, All he said was some valve, gonna jack car up, with haynes manual n try 2 find it!!!

It's on the MOT failure sheet!

And he's a mod - i'm scared! LOL

If it's a valve it could mean the cyclinder is seized - if that has happened ur best getting a new one.

wilsonian said:
And he's a mod - i'm scared! LOL

If it's a valve it could mean the cyclinder is seized - if that has happened ur best getting a new one.

Yeah, I'll have a butch anyway, I wasn't expecting it to pass, but i'm happy that's it's all bits which are extremly easy to do!!!!

EDIT: Well hopefully all easy, not too sure on this Valve thingy :/

ive got an mot coming up soon, and im gettin worried, cos ive got a bit of rust on the boot (not major support structure tho), a sound like my wheels rubbing against something has become apparent in the last few days, and my exhaust has just started to blow.....happened before, but i just put apatch on it

i also apparently had a cracked rear brake cylinder at my last service, and i cant remember if i got it sorted or not.....

I hate them i'm not happy that it's failed, but i'm happy that there's nothing wrong with it (if that makes sense) lol

I hate them every year!!!!!!!!!!

ollie240585 said:

1 Headlight beam 2 High
1 Headlight Beam 2 Low
Something 2 do with some rear brake valve (been told WD40 n Hammer should sort it out)

A piece of Pie really!!!

yea the MoT people don't seem to like micras :(

mine failed on: sunstrip, and brakes

all i did was fit tiny wiper blades on and did nothing to the brakes and it went through fine :D

the whole thing about the brakes being unbalenced was a lie!!

don't like MoTs anyway, in my local, you can sit in a viewing place and watch them test your car, and they are always taking the mick out of my car and playing with all the switches... why does it take 6 people to look at the neons on the bottom of my car?!?! and what is so funny?!?!

I alway use a family friends garage as I know 100% he's not going to try anything on plus he gives me the heads up on things, like my sills. they'll need doing before this MOT... :(

Beer money!

ollie240585 said:

1 Headlight beam 2 High
1 Headlight Beam 2 Low

A piece of Pie really!!!

HAHA! That's just stuff made up to make an extra £30 for beer money at the weekend!

What to do is: Ask them for a quote for all the work, getting them to highlight the prices for each individual part: take it home fix the headlight stuff yourself, then give it back to them for the brakes! So they don't mess with the price to allow them more money because they lost out on the labour for the lights!

It's a shame, but they can be EXTREMELY fly! ;)

-JGti

OK got the MOT failure certificater here, I was just working from memory b4the proper reaosns are:
001: Nearside registration plate lamp not working
002: Offside front position lamp not in good working order (not working)
003: N/S headlight aim too high
004: O/S Headlight aim too low
005: Rear brake load sensing valve linkage seized
006: N/S front shock absorber insecure
007: O/S Front shock absorber insecure

ANy idea what 005 is ?

ollie240585 said:
OK got the MOT failure certificater here, I was just working from memory b4the proper reaosns are:

ANy idea what 005 is ?

there is a widget at the back of the car that looks like a tiny shock absorber, its linked to the rear beam axel and i beleve that it adjusts the braking depending on how much weight you have in the back of the car.... i may be completly wrong tho lol,

Change Bulbs (2 Minutes) (£3 TOPS at a guess)

Adjust with screwdriver (5 minutes) (£0)

Hit with Hammer n Spray with WD40 otherwise get new one (Dunno) (Hopefully £0)

Tighten with spanner (dunno) (£0)

So i'm guessing gonna cost about £3, some WD40, an about an hours work!!!

And then another £44 F#@king Quid

NeX said:
there is a widget at the back of the car that looks like a tiny shock absorber, its linked to the rear beam axel and i beleve that it adjusts the braking depending on how much weight you have in the back of the car.... i may be completly wrong tho lol,

I'll check the Green Bible.....gotta love the Haynes :D

I think it is quite harsh, not gonna cost much 2 repair, just a pain having the vehicle off the road. Not too sure how i'm gettin 2 work nxt week :|

Wow that garage really didnt like you!! Those are totally stupid things to fail on. What garage was this so I make sure I never go there? lol

Ed said:
Wow that garage really didnt like you!! Those are totally stupid things to fail on. What garage was this so I make sure I never go there? lol

Aylesford MOT Centre Limited
in Aylesford
Surprisingly!!!

The bloke was an absolute arsehole!!!!

I now can't drive my car although there's nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!

NeX said:

Yeah your right...it is like a box where your brake pipes go in to and a springthat is attached to a little leaver....the more weight in the back the more it pushes or pulls on the spring (cant rember) to adjust the ammount of pressure on the rear brakes.

Im guessin the bit that is Siezed is the metal leaver that the spring attaches to...Spray aloda w.d all around it and pull and push the leaver back and forwards....if its tight use some visegrips...i wouldnt use a hammer :D

A mechanics fave saying is....If it dont work...Hit it with a Big Hammer :laugh:

whay :D i'm glad i was right :)

i only knew about it co i had to rip it off the trailer :)

WD40 will sort it :D

Turn up wearing that dress. They might pass it just to get you out of there ASAP! :p

NeX said:
women! so selfish! :p

Tell me about it!!!

I can't drop it off though:), no car to drive :(

LOL

NNNNNOOOOOOO

Whilst my cars off the road I might be driving a Corsa to be getting too and from work ZZZZZZZZ Boring CAR!!!!!

James said:
########. :p
Harshness!!!!

Answer me this then.....Have u seen me drunk???

erm No :p

Has ur brother?

On many occassions :D

sonic said:
You're not taking it back to the same place are you ?

Yh back 2 the same place, yes they did fail it on a few minor things, but they were very thorough!!!

SHE PASSED!!!!!

Failed the 1st Fast Idle Emmissions Test, but passed the 2nd 1, thank god!!!

Means i'm back on the road with the Micra!!!!!

:D HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :D WOOHOO!!!!!

Back