micra k11

T

the beasto

hi, i currently own a fiat cinquecento sporting but im gettin sick of repairing it and paying the costs.

so i was looking round at some micra's and was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on tuning potentials for micra's also the reliability of them??

thanks kris.

As the Micra is Japanese it is very reliable, and parts are readily available, as for tuning, a standard 1.3 puts out around 75bhp, but with a little work could easily put out 100bhp. there are several threads on this subject if you use the search option.

hmm i find fiats to be very poor cars really, older ones anyway, not a clue about the newer stuff. I've done 20,000+ miles in micra's and havent had any major faults.

do any micra k11's come with rev counters? ive been told that just a manifold can add up to 15bhp in a micra 1.3?

also what would the 0 - 60 times be around with 100bhp?

thanks for replying kris

the beasto said:
do any micra k11's come with rev counters? ive been told that just a manifold can add up to 15bhp in a micra 1.3?

also what would the 0 - 60 times be around with 100bhp?

thanks for replying kris
ok yer the super s's and the sr's 92-20 both have rev counters!! i dont know about the 2000+ models!!!
15bhp semes a bit over the top but withfull exhaust and air intake you will be able to get more that 15bhp

great, what kind of tuning parts would be needed for the 100bhp mark? also what would the 0 - 60 times be?

and what are best size alloys to run on a micra?

Ok for a CG13DE to break 100bhp you'll need:

Full Janspeed Exhaust system (or similar)
Induction kit (pref K&N)
Uprated Cams - normally imported but i think you can find some from Kencams.
Reprogramable ECU

That would hopefully see you at about 110-120...

If your a noobie to the whole thing and your unsure what to do why not try www.mightymicra.co.uk for some simple guides and keep your eyes out as theres more coming this summer.

the rev counters can be found on the super-s and sr (93-98), the si (98-00) and se+ (00-)

the si's look sweet, if i didnt have my micra i would go for one of them! :cool:

the beasto said:
great, what kind of tuning parts would be needed for the 100bhp mark? also what would the 0 - 60 times be?

and what are best size alloys to run on a micra?

As i said, exhuast manifold, catback, some sort of air intake. That would see you roughly 9 seconds to 60.

Piper do off the shelf cams for the K11 - in Fast and Ultimate Road flavours.

Fast road cams are 248 degrees duration and add approximately 8bhp (Powerband of 1500-6800rpm)

Ultimate road cams are more agressive with a duration of 272deg, add approx 12bhp, but with a higher powerband of 2500-7500rpm a rev limit increase would be needed to get the full power from those.

Both available from Fusion Motorsport:
Fast: http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,144/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,28/
Ultimate: http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,145/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,28/

Oh and to correct you slightly detox, the models and years that had rev counters as standard are:
1993-1996: Super S (and some SLX)
1996-1998: SR
1998-2000: Si
2000-2002: Sport, Sport+ (and maybe the SE/SE+)

hey beasto!

ive been fighting the micra corner on the fiat forum :p

since I've just come from a cinq to a micra I can tell you that the micra is alot more refined, and alot more comfy for day to day use. Theres plenty more performance as standard than my cinq (although i only had the 899...) and the handbrake works!

most people say the micras are boring to drive, but i havnt really noticed that, except the micra doesnt roll about like the cinqi did.

join us, you know you wanna :p

yeh i really want a micra cause of the performance possibiltitys, but i also like my cinq dnt no why though :down:

does anyone have any pictures of some slight modded micras??

thanks kris

look through the "Photos of members K11's" thread, tonnes of picks in there of modded/slightly modded/standard micras in there!

My micra will be about 100 bhp, up for sale if you wanna buy it £1500, in the buy and sell section, look on last week threads

the beasto said:
yeh i really want a micra cause of the performance possibiltitys, but i also like my cinq dnt no why though :down:

It's cos they get into your blood, i still annoy everyone pointing out every single one i see :p

and imho a decked abarth cinq will always look better than a micra :S

and imho a decked abarth cinq will always look better than a micra :S[/QUOTE]

yup

lol was the cinq your first car or something? i can understand y if so, every1 loves their first car... :D

if not, then ur just nuts :p jks!

rlees85 said:
lol was the cinq your first car or something? i can understand y if so, every1 loves their first car... :D

if not, then ur just nuts :p jks!

lol yeh my 1st car

edna was my first car too, gave me so much trouble but i still loved that wee cinq

yeah me mate had a purple cinq sporting with a 1.2 punto lump in it. right nippy it was. micra had the edge though

does the cinq sporting have the same crappy very poor 1.1 8v engine the punto does? a mate had the punto and duffed his headgasket trying to keep up with me on the way home from blackpool once, then he got his headgasket fixed and then a micra(uninsured) pulled out on him when he was going 50mph with about 1meter to stop, got pics will try and get them up

yeh theyve got the 1108cc 8v engine.

i dnno what to do, ive only got around £1000 to spend on one, could i get a low mileage one for that? in black or silver?

????

Back