Information on the Micra K11

you got to realize:laugh: how far can you get in your decision based on buying a car to were the ariel position is situated :laugh: some one moded the ariel to the centre back any way on the pre facelift,you could do that??maybe--in this k11 blog
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild
where is the corsa ariel placed ??????????????

If i buy a micra i will be getting a face lift model anyways so thats not an issue, im just fussy haa. The ariel on a corsa is the same place as the face lift micra, rear end of the roof

Your quite true there mate, but they are awfull simple cars haa. Im torn between both, would love to get a micra and dump the GA16 or SR20 in but they aint straight forward are they, they need quite a lot of playing to get them in, and its money, with a corsa everything is cheap etc

But if you dropped in a bigger engine, you would have a unique micra with decent power and not like corsas where everyone is doing it and thats why parts and things are cheap

But if you dropped in a bigger engine, you would have a unique micra with decent power and not like corsas where everyone is doing it and thats why parts and things are cheap

Yehh i would like to go down the SR20, there are a good few Primera GT breaking in the local scrappies so engine, gearbox, loom etc can be got easily. I cant seem to find a proper guide to the conversion though, and what i have read is you need to cut away at the chassis and i dont fancy that. Plus you would need custom shafts which aint cheap at all haa

Yehh i would like to go down the SR20, there are a good few Primera GT breaking in the local scrappies so engine, gearbox, loom etc can be got easily. I cant seem to find a proper guide to the conversion though, and what i have read is you need to cut away at the chassis and i dont fancy that. Plus you would need custom shafts which aint cheap at all haa

a dutch guy posted a few underbody pics of his liio (twas a tight fit :eek:) but he since pulled the thread iirc
and there are some enginebay pics of little bandit on here somewhere :grinning:

Heres an engine bay pic of little bandit :grinning:

Attachments

• dbull.jpg
    dbull.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 494
That dont look like a bad fit at all, and if it was a N/A SR20 it would have a lot more room too, but its the underside thats the problem aint it, dont the micra flair in or something like that. Does this SR20 conversion have the waterpump issue also

Dont think so. The guy that built it cut alot of the chassis about. As you can see, no expense was spared.

Dont think so. The guy that built it cut alot of the chassis about. As you can see, no expense was spared.

Yehh fair play to him, thats why im thinking of going back to Corsa, custom engine mounts are £25, and you can just interchange shafts, CV joints and gearbox between many of the specs.

But on the other hand after looking at EBB CG10 build im thinking of doing similar to a CG13 engine, he is getting 0-60 mph in 7 seconds from a 1.0 16v now thats impressive without even using performance parts, astonishing fair play, wonder what could be had from the CG13

:grinning:

Im pretty sure its the CG10 engine as he is upto around 80 odd BHP and states something around 70% increase in power over standard, aint the CG13 engine 75 BHP standard

if it was a CG10 then he wouldnt have needed to fill the piston with weld as it would already be a flat top whereas the CG13 has a dished piston

if it was a CG10 then he wouldnt have needed to fill the piston with weld as it would already be a flat top whereas the CG13 has a dished piston

Yes you are quite right mate, my mistake. The readings of BHP were @ wheels rather than flywheel which is what spun my head haa, i miss read it. Sorry mate.

Still very impressive, my corsa XE (redtop) used to do 0-60 mph in 6 seconds and that was a machine, this CG13 is only a second off that and by sounds of it EBB has only just started which is frightening :grinning:

Yes you are quite right mate, my mistake. The readings of BHP were @ wheels rather than flywheel which is what spun my head haa, i miss read it. Sorry mate.

Still very impressive, my corsa XE (redtop) used to do 0-60 mph in 6 seconds and that was a machine, this CG13 is only a second off that and by sounds of it EBB has only just started which is frightening :grinning:

Ebb hasnt finnished yet, my bet hes going for less then 5 seconds 0-60.

It'l be beaut if he does though hey??

Also since this is an information thread, i'm wondering if anyone has a completely bare model vs a completely full feature stock k11 model, looking around bare seems like it may be 775Kg Cw and full seems like it is 835Kg Cw? thats quite alot,

If your planning on sticking with a 1.3 Liio, maybe you should see if you can do some of EBB magic mods?

Back