Micra k11 warm up from cold

Hi

I have a question how long does it take in the moring to warm up a nissan micra K11 1.0L micra. Just wondering because it takes about ten minutes for mine is it normal considering i have a new throttle bodie on it

by warm up you mean getting to optimal temperature?
if it's just sitting idling then yes thats about right.
it would be faster if you were to start driving straight away.

Thats great thanks to all i just thought there might be somthing wrong a peace of mind helps alot thanks.
R-REG-SR thats exactly the same as my micra the gold micra in the pic

Mine takes about 5-8 minutes for the temperature needle to stabilize, and that's me driving it straight away. No waiting on idle.

[QUOTe,R-REG-SR thats exactly the same as my micra the gold micra in the pic[/QUOTE]
oh this pic on the side with the two k11's merging
your lucky to have him

fob12----------show us a pic of your boy(k11) then
not this boy down here
DSC00099.jpg

the heater matrix is dependent on coolant temperature so remember to turn the heater dial to cold upon cold starts so the engine warms up faster, and only when the engine's up to normal temp do you then turn the heater up.

running the cold micra with the heaters on full doesn't make either the cabin nor the engine warm up any faster, which is bad for both end.

so in summary,
the engine takes priority over cabin comfort during warmup,
drive away after 10sec to speed the warming up time
and just wear very warm clothes during the warmup in winter

Thanks for the info pollyp. I never actually knew that and always put the fan to hot in this cold weather.

& Fob12 can't say that i've really noticed hearing the fan turn on or off. But I know its working, saw it spinning in the engine bay.

my understanding is that the heater matrix is open to waterflow all the time paul (and is closed to airflow when the heater is set to cold, ie, the hot/cold knob opens and closes a big flap and not a water valve)
and the resistor card kicks out a lot of heat, when the motor is set to #1 (slow speed) and is in the airflow, so it will help to demist the screen while the engine is still cold

when i opened mine apart, mine had a flow valve built into one of the elbows which was linked to the mechanism that controlled the heater airflow diverter flap so that when set to cold, the matrix doesn't get too hot

C725UZ (45)..JPG C725UZ (44)..JPG

whether some micras have this valve or not, tis still recommended to set the heater to cold during warmup so that the cabin heater fan is not trying to grab heat off the coolant that the engine was trying hard to heat upto optimum temp asap.

when i opened mine apart, mine had a flow valve built into one of the elbows which was linked to the mechanism that controlled the heater airflow diverter flap so that when set to cold, the matrix doesn't get too hot

i stand corrected then paul :wasntme: dunno why my top heater hose is hot after 1.5 miles, and both heater hoses are hot after 3 miles then ? :eek: (and thats with the knob set to cold)

i think i remember the sprung tensioned rod that operates the flow valve is adjustable relative to the position of the diverter flap. maybe the two has been knocked outa sync and so the valve isn't fully closed when set to cold?

Nice to have a remote start on these cold damp mornings so you can watch your car getting warm & demisted from indoors while you have your marmalade sandwich :)

all the keys snapped in my barrel-start car set heater on 2 lock door go indoors 5min
or dont bother,just drive off after few secs

#### it descale the matrix tomoro-will report on it

descaled matrix (just matrix)other day and its gone warmer-so will try some "killrock" in it soon
also the bubling has totaly gone,havent got an explanation realy------just reporting back
and gone with the pollyp technique of cold start,,,,start wait ten seconds then start driving.

Back