Micra K11 Ventilation Problems

Hey, just wondering would anyone be able to help because I can't find anything online about this, the only ventilation issues that people seem to have is in relation to the resistor card.

Basically the knob that controls where the air is routed to is stiff and doesn't correspond to the imagery on the dial, for example if I have the knob turned all the way to the right as in to blow directly on the windscreen it blows onto your feet as if the knob has moved forward a few splines.

Is this simply a matter of taking the knob off and spraying wd40 on the innards to loosen it up, or is it better to buy a new unit off of Ebay?

The car is a 2003 model K11 and was owned by a nun so think that it has just seized though lack of use.

Mines exactly the same (facelift dials) tried the wd40 and still no joy, the next step is going to be to try and take the whole unit out as it appears cable operated, dont take the knobs off and the stick on fascia as it only gives access to the bulbs, but so far the unit is a git to get out so iv left mine as is

Back