k11 problems

hi im having a double problem, myself and my daughter both have k11 1.0L 3 door micra shape and both have starting problems recently, I have tried spraying wd40 on the spark plugs and this worked the first time my daughters wouldn't start, but this time it hasn't worked and now mine has refused to start aswell. When you turn the key everything sounds normal except it won't start, with or without gas. If you use gas on them you can smell the fuel after when you get out of the car. so i think the fuel is getting through alright and the battery and stater motor sound fine, but with both cars out of action i'm up the creek without my paddle. can anyone help me please.

Do you start them up for a short time at night?
Maybe moving on/off driveway?

If so, this will be the cause.
They must be driven for 5 mins or so to warm up or will flood on the next startup.

To get the flooded car started, foot flat on the accelerator and turn over.
It will eventually start but will splutter for a little while.

no
i have also had this problem with my car apparently flooding is a common problem with micras and smaller engined almeras was told by breakdown man thats theres is no cure but this is probably bull. the best thing i found was to disconect all the injecters and then turn the engine over for a while this will empty out your cylinders you will have a strong smell of unburnt fuel from your exhaust then reconect your injectors should fire up first time it worked for me just make sure you have a good spark .

@Shiftysg
No? To foot flat on the floor?
It works, as does removing the fuel pump fuse.

Frank, I think some people on here have tried to get the harness from Nissan dealers and were met by blank faces.

I remove the fuse when it happens to me and turn it over till all the fuel has gone.

Avoid moving it extremely short distances to avoid the problem.

i used to start my very first micra with foot flat and it destroyed my air flow sensor might of been because of this might not of been thats all im no mechanic

Back