Micra flat as a pancake!!

minisprite

Ex. Club Member
took my 2001 coilpack micra out for the first time the other day, after having replaced the MAF sensor and removing the CAT. nothing is coming up on the diagnostic machine, just wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong with it or are the coilpck models just inherantly crap and don't pull at all?? I don't know if its just me expecting too much but I thought these were meant to be 60bhp. regards, Tom

did you replace the maf with a bosch? i've read a few posts about these ebay mafs being dog #### ! get a bosch and try that. was the problem there before you changed maf?

yeah the new maf sensor is a bosch, before replacing it was kind of different in that it would hesitate for ages and be really reluctant to rev up. basically from a standing start it just feels like its got absolutely no power, even through 1st and 2nd it won't pull at all.

still could be a faulty maf. i had to replace one on my bmw 525i. after fitting the new one it would always struggle to start. see if you can get a warranty exchange mate. also you could try it with the maf unplugged to see what happens. i'm sure someone has the answer but i'd guess at a duff maf.

Where did you manage to get a genuine Bosch MAF in the first place?!

The cheap copies are crap. I disconnected mine this morning incidentally, aside from the light coming on with P0100 and P0110 to tell me it was disconnected, the car drove exactly the same as with it connected. ie. Juddering when accelerating from a cold start and hesitation for 1-2 seconds when changing gear. So i'm thinking the replacement I got is probably effectively dead but looks like the circuits are showing as active when it's connected or something.

Back