Flat spot & fuel consumption

Hi there. I had a problem a month back with my micra jerking whilst driving. I took it to a garage to correct the problem. After doing a diagnostic on the car it came back as the MAF Sensor. The garage informed me that these were very exspensive £130 plus. He rang me back and told me he could get a universal one for £40 so he went ahead and fitted it. I picked up the car and all seemed good and i took it the petrol station filled the tank. Now i was gettin over 300 miles from a tank but i have noticed a flat spot it normally appears in 3rd 4th and 5th. I have only got 270 miles out off the tank since i replaced the sensor. So my question is is this due to the sensor and should i get a proper nissan one which should then rectify the flat spot problem and the fuel consumption.

frank

Club Member
the copy maf,s for the coilpack k11,s have a poor reputation wizzbit, there are a few threads on here about using 2nd hand maf,s from other nissans on here (ones that are,nt solid mounted like yours)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Hi there. I had a problem a month back with my micra jerking whilst driving. I took it to a garage to correct the problem. After doing a diagnostic on the car it came back as the MAF Sensor. The garage informed me that these were very exspensive £130 plus. He rang me back and told me he could get a universal one for £40 so he went ahead and fitted it. I picked up the car and all seemed good and i took it the petrol station filled the tank. Now i was gettin over 300 miles from a tank but i have noticed a flat spot it normally appears in 3rd 4th and 5th. I have only got 270 miles out off the tank since i replaced the sensor. So my question is is this due to the sensor and should i get a proper nissan one which should then rectify the flat spot problem and the fuel consumption.
Seems these MAFs are very fragile and only a genuine BOSCH one seems to do the job properly.

There's plenty of threads discussing cheap/eBay MAFs and their poor reputation.

^ Beat me to it :p

OP
OP
W
Cheers for the help guys. I have seen alot of differnce in prices for the MAF's how much should i look to pay for a genuine BOSCH item.

Cheers for the help guys. I have seen alot of differnce in prices for the MAF's how much should i look to pay for a genuine BOSCH item.
Hi,

Have you source a genuine BOSCH MAF yet? If yes, where and how much? I am interested in of those myself.

Regards

OP
OP
W
I aint been able to source one yet. I went to a local parts place and for a MAF sensor they wanted £225. Im going to wait till after Monday to see how the car gets on in its MOT then i may get one. Im going to pop to Nissan and see how much they are.

I aint been able to source one yet. I went to a local parts place and for a MAF sensor they wanted £225. Im going to wait till after Monday to see how the car gets on in its MOT then i may get one. Im going to pop to Nissan and see how much they are.

It seems there is not one available. I have spoken to Nissan directly and was told it only comes with the whole throttle body!.

There are alternatives as discussed in this post by StevenJJ which is a result of discussion with frank.

I have searched for 0 280 218 094 which is an Almera MAF. The genuine Bosch available from here but very expensive.

If you happened to spare the cash and bought one of those, please let me know the performance result.

Result