micra dead :(

Hey I gave my beloved k11 to my brother when I got my new car which I am starting to think was a big mistake lol.

The other day my brother was on his way to work and the car just cut out on him ive had a look and the car is turning over but refuses to fire has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it or any ideas on what it could be

Thanks in advance

Start with the basics. Did you flood the engine?

A quick tip if you flooded the engine when it didn't start, keep the accelerator pressed down 100% when cranking. This shuts off the injectors, and your engine gets to turn over and clear the excess fuel, and release the accelerator after abit. Should be easier to start then.

If not:

Do you have spark? Remove a plug, and ground it to the chassis. Have someone turn it over to se if it arcs the electrode.
Do you have fuel? When you remove the sparkplug after trying to start it, does it smell gasoline?

We need more details..

Right just checked there is no spark what can be the problems I will get new plugs leads and distributor cap what else can stop it sparking

-Weak battery (but then cranking would be hard?)
-Sparkplugs
-Corroded distributor cap+rotor
-Ignition coil (I think there is one on the CG-engine, atleast there is one on GA and SR)
-Blown main fuse?

Back