Battery dead

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
Have had my 2006 K12 for 4 weeks now without any problem, left it on the driveway for 2 days without starting it and the battery was dead. Thought I might of left the courtesy light on as I was messing around with it before I parked it up. Called RAC who gave the battery a boost left the car running for 40 minutes to charge the battery, took it for a spin and then left it on the driveway again for another 24 hours. Came to try it tonight again same thing battery dead, called RAC who put a meter on the battery said something was drawing alot of current whilst the car was switched off. So the RAC guy checked everything and started pulling fuses to see the draw drop. It dropped when he pulled the Audio fuse.

Is there a known problem was the 6 CD changer unit?, I notice it runs when the car is off like its checking the CD trays.

Looks like you have found the problem then:eek: if it is the same ,is there a visble power cable going to it that you can tap up a switch so you can turn it off from the dash ect(Y)

ATB P

Back