Micra cutting out...

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Ok I've posted this up here before but I didn't really get a sure answer, plus I thought it'd stopped.

Right so basically, every now and then my K11 is cutting out... Sometimes I think it's when I'm coming to a stop and say rather than going down the gearbox I simply break with the clutch in, but it can't be that.

I remember someone mentioned the MAF (airflow sensor??) is broken? Or something.

Does this mean the engine thinks too much airs getting in, or not enough?

How can I fix this if that's the problem.

Thanks!

Jack.

it might just need the tickover raising jack (black plastic allen key screw) , or idle control valve cleaning :grinning:

i have the exact same problem, and i belive it is to do with the auto choke, and apparently this is expensive to have fixed,

does it just cut out when you first start off? and is fine once its got warm?

if so the way ive found to get around this, is just set off slowly with a low amount of revs until your first junction or something like that, and then it will be fine for the rest of the journey, my hope is that it will get better as the weather warms up slightly,

but just give it a try and see if it works for you, becasue i can live with it, as long as it means not forking out cash!

good luck :cool:

Nah that isn't my problem mate.

Like I said it's purely random, but I've found if I come to a stop holding the clutch in for too long it cuts out...

BUT I've just been out driving during my College lunch break and I think frank is right. I think the idle is too low. So I'll get my Dad to sort that out tonight.

Back