Micra 95reg

Can I run my car without an immobiliser. Its a key and chip and its all gone wrong and a car worth saving for a new MOT I only paid £250 for the car 10months ago. The immobilisers a Nats 2. Thanks for any help.

Hiya Agent it wouldn't start ign light flashing. I did a code check 141-145-146. Turned the key 6 times started a few times but j didn't leave the drive as knew I could still have a problem. After that couple of times it won't start now just 3to 4 seconds then dies I empty the fuel by removing the fuel fuse incase flooded. Have called auto Electrition but they do t have the reg year for remapping ( or what ever they do) the key still holds the code got that checked at the lock smith. Realy just want the thing out I can't abide computer cars. The plug in it is the Nats 2 so no easy fix but I'd try anything rather than loose the car £250 and she had 10mths Mot and will be fine again so its such a waste.

I found this forum on Google through a thread where someone was fixing the same piece for another reason & I have with the same wires. I've not seen aread anything anywhere else. there's I have a screen shot of it below.

Attachments

• 1442671469041.jpg
    1442671469041.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Frank that would be amazing I have to do something as im a carer for my mum daily. So I've been viewing cars in the hope of finding another one, but they have all been 5 years newer and thier rust buckets. : (

Make sure ignition switch is swapped out first.
I had engine light warning flashing with a faulty chewed out one.
It would start sometimes then not other times.

Thats a good idea from r-reg-sr. They're not the best those switches. It's the black part at the back of the barrel that fails. It's got to be worth a try.

you can fit a non nats ecu zooma, buy you have to re-position some of the wires tho
This. Get a non immobilised ecu, and run it on that.

A couple of the pinouts are slightly different to stop people nicking an immobilised car by just plugging a non immobilised ecu into it.

Chris.

Hiya I have with me a Non ECU now. Any one Help me please no idea what to do next. MOTs on the 6th Oct its do it or scrap it time :,(

Hi @zooma, got your PM.

Is the new ECU you have deffo not an immobilised version? If in doubt, nag the Nissan garage and they should be able to confirm the part number and what the ECU was fitted to etc.

I will try and help, I've got the wsm and lots of wiring diagrams but a pic of both ECUs would be helpful.

Chris.

Wow CD thankyou for replying i dont get any notifucations so didnt know. Any help id be so very greatfull. Def non nats brought of Micra sports club ill go and get 2 photos now. : )

Back