Micra randomly not starting

Hi All, first post so i hope someone can help.

I drive a S reg micra Ally which i love, but recently something strange has been happening. It simply isn't starting. i turn the key and nothing. not a sound or anything. it happened a couple of weeks ago, for which i left it for a while and tried again and it worked. but today i pulled up at a petrol station, got out the car and put some petrol in. went and paid and got back into the car. its at this point i turned the key and nothing happened. again, not a sound. the only thing different is that the little LCD display for the mileage and time was flickering like it was trying to show the time. This continued to happen when i removed the key! not only this but the speed-o-meter started going up, even though i was stationary. in fact i reached 20mph without even moving. its at this point i started to get frustrated and kept trying the key. i then removed the key and using all my technical skill i hit the dashboard very hard. This seemed to fix it because the lcd went off and the speed-o-meter went back to zero. Then i tried the key and the car started first time.

Now this sounds like an electrical fault to me, but if anyone else knows what this is i would be much appreciated if you could share!

Thanks

Rich

if i were u i'd take the dash apart for starters and look for loose connections and things that look out of the ordinary. can't really think of much else, i'm sure some of the k11 guys can (Y)

Back