1996 Micra 1.3 - Immobiliser Problem?

Absolute car mechanics novice here... We have a 1996 1.3 Micra, only 22K on the clock, passed its MOT 2 weeks ago, new battery fitted a week before that.

Drove fine to the garage for MOT, and had 2 drives locally since then. Yesterday my wife happily opened the car, turned on ignition, slight sound then nothing. I tried with my spare car, red immobiliser was flashing, I turned on the ignition, but no sound, no lights on in the dash/instrument deck. Now the immobiliser is not on, and the car does not respond at all to turning the key in the ignition.

Any ideas what the problem is? Is it the immobiliser, something to do with the NATS, or could there be loose connections somewhere, change of spark plugs required?

:(

Thanks

I got experience when Immobiliser stop working. it will definate turn and start the car. but after 15-30 second the engine will turn off.

my friend bought a car like this cheap. but leave it on the road without roadtax and next day council tow it away...

he is shocked. own it for one day... lol.

it does sound like what frank said - battery

I got experience when Immobiliser stop working. it will definate turn and start the car. but after 15-30 second the engine will turn off.

my friend bought a car like this cheap. but leave it on the road without roadtax and next day council tow it away...

he is shocked. own it for one day... lol.

it does sound like what frank said - battery

next day
they seem very quik
taqwah hi
look through the k11 section for what you need plenty of no starter issues

Back