Micra 1.3 fuel line removable and better place to mount

Can anyone advice me I want to remove the fuel lines to a better place and safe. But looking at the lines there is 3 lines and 2 brake hose ? Am guessing I can have the fuel lines else where? I only need it moving over 2 inch away don't wana break the lines and costing so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
078c71c023519ef7d1d553dada55ca18.jpg
48a865640756181204c1e2af8bf05569.jpg

here's some useful info comparing pipe vs hoses
http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/25963/hydraulic-equipment-hose-tube

what dya mean by better & safe? rerouting to protect from road debris impact? protect from dodgy garage shop trolley jacks damaging the lines? off road rally obsticles?

originally the fuel lines are some coated steel so will have some corrosion over time.
looking at the pipe order from the engine bay perspective, the 6mm left pipe is fuel tank breather, 8mm return fuel, 8mm supply fuel, & both rear brake lines.

if the lines aren't too rusty, u can either:
  • clean & protect the existing fuel lines (paint, heatshrink, steel box enclosure along the lines) with minimal time & cost & effort,
  • or you could rebuild the whole fuel lines with copper & optional enclosure which takes alot of time, effort, skill & moderate cost,
  • or you could replace & reroute the whole fuel system with high pressure rubber/braided stainless fuel hose with minimal time, effort & difficulty but will cost alot and may not be durable or economical long-term.

here's some useful info comparing pipe vs hoses
http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/25963/hydraulic-equipment-hose-tube

what dya mean by better & safe? rerouting to protect from road debris impact? protect from dodgy garage shop trolley jacks damaging the lines? off road rally obsticles?

originally the fuel lines are some coated steel so will have some corrosion over time.
looking at the pipe order from the engine bay perspective, the 6mm left pipe is fuel tank breather, 8mm return fuel, 8mm supply fuel, & both rear brake lines.

if the lines aren't too rusty, u can either:
  • clean & protect the existing fuel lines (paint, heatshrink, steel box enclosure along the lines) with minimal time & cost & effort,
  • or you could rebuild the whole fuel lines with copper & optional enclosure which takes alot of time, effort, skill & moderate cost,
  • or you could replace & reroute the whole fuel system with high pressure rubber/braided stainless fuel hose with minimal time, effort & difficulty but will cost alot and may not be durable or economical long-term.
Well it's Been leaking under the lines and smells like fuel I don't wana risk starting the car without thinking, i want to fix all 3 pipes and move it on the drivers side, so breather I wouldn't need as I didn't use last time, 2 8mm fuel lines should be ok, but is the lines ok if I upgrade to walbro keeping the tank stock

9bd4ef8b145ee7d876b6de39b7c15de7.jpg
am not sure if that's ok Polly? Thinking to start from the tank and back to drivers side

yeah smelling & dripping fuel is bad, best replace it.

breather line, I'd still either plumb it into the inlet between the filter & TB butterfly or put a filter on the end or if ur MOT guys happy let it breath open. tank needs to breath cos it's a closed system, blocking the breather will create a vacuum in the tank as the level goes down which could affect fuel pressure in serious cases.

the walbro pump is just able to supply at a faster rate but the pressure reg remains the same so the hoses or lines r ok.
btw please use the correct terminology or it can get confusing.
lines/pipes/tubes = solid metal bent pipes, hoses = flexible reinforced rubber hoses.

if u can afford the 8m of 8cm hoses and securing clips for ease of fitting, go for it ;)
dunno how the cloth braided hose compares to normal internally reinforced rubber hoses or stainless braided hoses in terms of durability and MTBF but other members maybe able to advise.

yeah smelling & dripping fuel is bad, best replace it.

breather line, I'd still either plumb it into the inlet between the filter & TB butterfly or put a filter on the end or if ur MOT guys happy let it breath open. tank needs to breath cos it's a closed system, blocking the breather will create a vacuum in the tank as the level goes down which could affect fuel pressure in serious cases.

the walbro pump is just able to supply at a faster rate but the pressure reg remains the same so the hoses or lines r ok.
btw please use the correct terminology or it can get confusing.
lines/pipes/tubes = solid metal bent pipes, hoses = flexible reinforced rubber hoses.

if u can afford the 8m of 8cm hoses and securing clips for ease of fitting, go for it ;)
dunno how the cloth braided hose compares to normal internally reinforced rubber hoses or stainless braided hoses in terms of durability and MTBF but other members maybe able to advise.
Thanks for all the info and advice I just looked again and looks like tube are harder but can crack if too much flex at a pull, and rubber fuel pipes are ideal and easy, but joining at the Micra fuel pipe at the very rear tank will this be ok ? am trying to move it over the drivers side but then crossin over that side how would it work out as the centre exsaust is there ? Heat ?
does the left hand Micra k11 have the same piping patten passenger side ?

08e03bdeee13ba0e201a3880b1a3e500.jpg
ahh sorry @pollyp just looked again and I don't need to move it over to drivers side, there is space on the same side as it is but about 5 inch to the left near the centre would be fine, so the line comes up and over the steering rack

why r u trying to move the lines to the drivers side or tunnel?

I'd avoid getting the hoses or lines exposed nearby to / or especially crossing over the hot exhaust, that's a bad mix.
I'd keep to the original route and just shield it.

bare in mind that at least 8m of fuel hose for just the supply & return route will cost at least £80-100, ur initial requirement of "not costing so much" goes out the window.
if replacing it all with hose, it'll simply be a seamless length of hose going straight from the filter to the tanks top-cap and the other hose going from the rail regulator straight to the tanks top-cap.

why r u trying to move the lines to the drivers side or tunnel?

I'd avoid getting the hoses or lines exposed nearby to / or especially crossing over the hot exhaust, that's a bad mix.
I'd keep to the original route and just shield it.

bare in mind that at least 8m of fuel hose for just the supply & return route will cost at least £80-100, ur initial requirement of "not costing so much" goes out the window.
if replacing it all with hose, it'll simply be a seamless length of hose going straight from the filter to the tanks top-cap and the other hose going from the rail regulator straight to the tanks top-cap.
850d5067dbc6a5dfc43676b61a7f2cc7.jpg
that's what I just looked at the hot temp isn't safe if I cross it over or have if close by, but rechecking it I found the leak it was near the filter neck so I cut it off and moved the pipe over like this ^
I done all 3 just waiting on pics

6e300099751e44f31c8a991ac9f85eef.jpg
a506ebb913dcd4bd1a76c033bc5ed2d9.jpg
pictures as promised before so am happy where they are now, no leaks and brake lines are fine, need to get fuel hose to extension top of the cuts,

Back