Question: Braided fuel line confusion

I know there are already a couple of threads on this but I'm still a bit confused, I'm just about to 're-route my fuel lines to the inside of my 1998 micra k11 1.0l which I'm preparing for stage rally and upgrade to stainless braided pipes.
My question is what size pipe are people using? 6 or 7mm?

When I look at the original pipes on my car it appears to use both sizes by starting in 7mm rubber pipe from the pump and then 6mm solid pipes under the car and back to 7mm rubber in the engine bay.

So should which should I use?

Any advice please

OP
OP
T
Thank you h701micra thats really helpful, thank you.

Could I just ask, the third pipe which runs alongside the two fuel lines, I assume this is a vacum/breather pipe to the tank??
If that is the case what did you do with it? Leave it standard and under the car or bring it inside also?

Many thanks for your advice

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Thank you h701micra thats really helpful, thank you.

Could I just ask, the third pipe which runs alongside the two fuel lines, I assume this is a vacum/breather pipe to the tank??
If that is the case what did you do with it? Leave it standard and under the car or bring it inside also?

Many thanks for your advice
No problem
It is indeed a breather it goes to a can in the engine bay, if you remove the hose there's a conveniently placed hole in the chassis leg it plugs into to look factory, it can then vent to atmosphere without fuming the engine bay

out of interest your not using rubber braided hose are you?
if you are expect problems with fuel fumes in the car which will make you feel sick on stage.
i would reccomend ptfe lines, more expensive but worth it.

Sorry, only just seen this

Do you still need any pictures?
Also, the fuel vapour smell disappears after a few minutes of the engine running - never felt nauseas