Micra 1.0 K11 questions

Hello folks, picked up a P reg Micra Shape today as a scrapper, but I don't scrap small cars as a general rule as they are worth more on the road than through the shredder.

Its a 1.0 16v manual on 89,000 miles, and unfortunately the chain has snapped.

It will be cheaper for me to source a replacement engine rather than fix the old one.

I'm assuming this Micra is a K11, i'm not au fait with Nissans in general.

I'm also assuming that I cannot put a K10 1.0 from a MK1 Micra and convert that to run in this Micra?

Will the engine lift out the top leaving me enough room to leave the gearbox in place or does the lot have to come out?

Thanks in advance, and if anyone has a cheap K11 engine (don't need ancilliaries) near Bath and Bristol, I need one ;)

cheers for that, so is that with gearbox left in the bay or attached to the engine?

There doesn't look like theres much room to slide the engine off the box in the bay, but obviously I have no idea how long the input shaft is.

cheers for that, so is that with gearbox left in the bay or attached to the engine?

There doesn't look like theres much room to slide the engine off the box in the bay, but obviously I have no idea how long the input shaft is.

i take it you only had a quick squint lol :p (all the info is there, shafts/wheels in situ, lower the g/box to the floor, and lift out the engine) :grinning:

Back