LPG and K11 1.0 Micra problems

CMF_ohms

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a K11 1.0 with a multi-point all singing all dancing LPG gas conversion fitted, and I am very pleased with the car, but it does have a few problems.:(

It jerks and juders al low rpms and light throttle openings, on petrol and more markedly when on gas. It's great once it's revving, with no hesitation at all, but low rpms it does judder quite badly.

The LPG kit was set up recently and is working fine, but I am also concerned about fuel efficiency. The car is doing only 35mpg on gas, driven very, very sedately on motorways at around 60mph constant.

I am a complete newb to Micras, and hoped that this car would produce better economy than this, but as I say, becuase of the juddering I'm assuming that something is amiss.

It's had new plugs, which made no difference and has been fully serviced.

Any ideas??

Also what sort of MPG's do others get out of there 1.0 micras??

Thanks chaps

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi ohms, the missfire may be a throttlebody problem, and mine,s just done torquay to brum (190 miles) on £12 (23 liters) whatever that works out at ?
its a 1.3 tho, with raised compression (11.6:1) and the higher octane lpg thrives on compression eh

frank

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
How is the LPG controlled?
Via the factory computer with some block box between the petrol injector wiring and the LPG injectors?
If so, the factory MAF is usually the culprit for most rough running / high fuel consumption problems.
Another possibility for rough low rpm running could be the coil-dizzy / spark plugs.

Back