meet ideas

fox1983

Deactivated Account
this is a thread for all southern members to list some ideas for meets some ideas ive had so far are:
rolling road
go karting
paintballin
just list your ideas below pm me or text me and il look into them

well I think paintballing is a good idea, not so fussed on the karting, I mean people would have travelled down in cars only to jump straight into another one... if you get me. The lazerzone idea was pretty good, but I reckon we should organise a meet at a theme park... that would be pretty cool!

however, my best idea to date is getting the car there in one piece!

somewhere close, safe and with less chavs lol,

its a shame they closed the quazar in Bath cos that had a car park right outside it :D

Theme park would be great.. Thorpe park is the best one in the south, but it wont be open till march if we're looking to do a post christmas meet.

I'd be up for laser quest too.

urrrrr no ems lol lazer quest will be next meet after xmas giving people enough time to get over xmas and save the money up for it
then possibly paintballing but il warn you it is expensive

ice skating and bowling, at the spectrue centre guilford. then for ollie james and i. there's good clubbing in guildford. and for any other hardcore people.

my wife cant ice skate and we cant get to guildford until the car is sorted and licence back! i think the next one will be:
10TH MARCH @ MEGABOWL SOUTHAMPTON.
CHOOSE:
2 GAMES OF LASERQUEST or
1 GAMES LASERQUEST AND 1 GAME BOWLING or
2 GAMES LASERQUEST AND 1 GAME BOWLING.

BEARING IN MIND WE WONT BE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, FOOD WILL BE THERE, THERES A BAR, POOL TABLE AND ARCADE.

Dont mean to sound an arse but if people are showing interest in it then its something that should be considered. If anyone wanted to go ice skating before this march meet then i'd be more than up for it. 6 Months is quite a long time for the next meet you see

Also, you can get a train to portsmouth and a bus to the spectrum quite easily :)

I must admit I agree with Arnold on this, I can't see a problem with having an interim meet, the more the better!

well no fair enough if you guys want to organise a meet in between by all means go ahead only reason i have left a gap is some people want/need to save for xmas and i left a gap after xmas for everyone to save for the meet the next meet im organising is the quazar and bowling in southampton on the 10th of march giving everyone enough time to save after xmas but bare in mind not everyone can ice skate there for they would be doing nothing and me and nadine will not be able to attend due to xmas saving.

fox1983 said:
but bare in mind not everyone can ice skate there for they would be doing nothing

Not strictly true, because people werent born ice skaters! Besides, James said to me yesterday he cant skate but it would be a laugh trying, so just because people cant, shouldnt put them off. Anyway, i havent seen anyone say no yet so its something we can organise nearer xmas time.

Bournemouth will have an ice rink at xmas time.

Its normally pretty cool, about £6.50 each (mmm think portsmouth parking costs :p) and can be followed by a night out in bournemouth or bowling or pretty much anything....

:laugh:

Lol! well can be put to a vote, but from looking above, Me, Ems, Ollie, James and welly would be up for guildford :)

I'm up for the skating!! It's a right laugh when you've had a few so i think we should organise a b&b too!! LOL

Ems said:
I'm up for the skating!! It's a right laugh when you've had a few so i think we should organise a b&b too!! LOL

Hmm!

There's a travel inn just down the road. Walking distance from the speccy. One drink and james will be sleeping on the ice though

Oooh haven't read this for a few days.

Ice skating - £6.50
Travel to portsmouth - £30 petrol round trip
Overnight Accomodation - £50 ish

Seeing James hammered - Priceless

You haven't seen me properly hammered yet have you Ollie? I exercise restraint at Layzells ;)

By the way I'm coming home to the island this weekend! :D

jae and drunken dodgems. and james wasted. flying tents. what a weekend.

if you can't skate you may fall over a bit. and it's funny. but whats better than that is when you see poeple that can skate, start to show off then fall over.

LOL @ Ollie!!! :D

And yeah JAE was a right laugh!! Such a shame we didn't take pics trying to save the tents!! Was in Tesco's when it started, buying strawberrys and ice cubes!!!

well like i said by all means go skating the main reason i have organised the next meet after xmas is so people can save money as around xmas is an expensive time so its up to u guys if you want. I will be posting more info for the march meet closer to the time you guys are still up for the one in march yer?

don't think we'll fit in a march.lol

but i'm still up for the march meet. also skating, if some one wants to organise it.

Ems said:
I'm still up for the march meet.

Arnold has offered to organise the Guildford meet too!!!!

Yep im up for march too, and i'l create a new thread soon

Arnie

umm wat about us three in cornwall then???

we arnt going to travel these long distances!

cnt we meet in a plce that is in the midlle for everyone???

but suggestions for activitys so far are awsome and i think we shuld all do a adventure day like rock climbing and paintball it will be much more fun!

Unfortunatly, if you've say got 15 people in the east, and three in the west, your not going to move it so the majority have to travel further. Its just a bummer the south is alot wider than the north.

South meets are moved to different locations to try and cater for the majority. Personally speaking, i love cornwall, but would only go to a meet there if it was a 2 or three day thing. I wouldnt want to drive there just for paintball!

welly said:
plans for a summer road trip then.

Definitly, summer would be great. I'd probably even take a week off work, spend some time chilling out with Ems, bit of a mini holiday, and catch up with the MSC guys for an event as and when decided. Sounds like something that can be sorted out :)

i was thinking as this is ment to be a south meet not a east meet we culd have it near bristol as im happy to drive that far to see evryone!

micra.jas said:
i was thinking as this is ment to be a south meet not a east meet we culd have it near bristol as im happy to drive that far to see evryone!

as you didn't make it to portsmouth lol :p

i'd like everyone to meet in bath cos then i wouldn't have to go anywhere :p
we can go to the cinima and watch children of men, or saw 3 :D

Nex, you coming to the ice skating one? check out the other thread.

We'l arrange a huge south meet nearer the time.

It's nice for me to have a meet closer to me!!!

Portsmouth was about 280 mile round trip
Santa pod was about 270 mile round trip
Brighton in may was erm.....over 200

Won't get more dedicated than James though!!!!

NeX come Ice Skating :-D

ollie240585 said:
It's nice for me to have a meet closer to me!!!

Portsmouth was about 280 mile round trip
Santa pod was about 270 mile round trip
Brighton in may was erm.....over 200

Won't get more dedicated than James though!!!!

NeX come Ice Skating :-D

stop moaning i have never been to a meet that is less than two hours away and never with a car that hasn't been crashed before hand :p

checking ice skating thread NOW :D

i have some paintballing contacts if thats what people wanted to do, there is a place in hordean which is the best paintballing place ive been some are far to commercial and just crap.

rolling road is a bad idea cos you just stand around all day waiting your turn and as we both know paul people dont turn up ! :(

health spa day sound good ems lol lets go with that!

Southampton in march, would suite me fine! :D i am not too keen on iceskating, not really my thing. paintballing would be excellent though.

if you can get to bournemouth on a wed night then there is a weekly track night 2 quid to get in its only a small oval but u can do cat an mouse good fun :D

i think paint ballin is a brillant idea ive never been before it would be a gud laugh!!

a meet in southampton sounds like a good idea !

Talking of paintballing, does anyone remember Spaced? the tv series on channel 4 with simon pegg? i was watching the paintballing episode on DVD last night :D

"Thats the beauty of simulated Violance"

Back