South meet - Ice skating etc in Guildford (25th Nov)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Next Southern Meet

WHEN: 25th November 2006

TIME?: Early afternoon

PARKING AT: Guildford Spectrum

POSTCODE FOR YA SATNAV: GU1 1UP

MEETING AT: Spectrum Bar

WHATS ON:

Meeting : Between 1:15 and 1:30 in the Park and ride Car Park. Enter the spectrum and go into the car park on the right hand side.
Skating: 2pm till 5pm
The rest to be decided

ATTENDING: (so far!)

• Arnold
  • Ems
  • Ollie
  • James
  • Turtle
  • Carrie
  • Welly (maybe)
  • Nex
  • Detox
  • Speedle
  • Speedle's lady (maybe)
  • Spike
  • lauras_micra + 1
  • Awesome Dawson - He's back on the scene! Nice one Dawson

USEFUL CONTACTS: Arnold

ANYTHING ELSE: Easy access from M25 and Portsmouth (A3). Be aware of carpark speedbumps!

-------------------------------

Well as discussed in the other thread, i thought i'd start putting a thread together for this proposed meet, pre christmas if anyone is interested

Aswell as ice skating, guildford has various restaurants & bars. There is also a bowling alley on the complex if anyone fancies a game.

If you fancy going for a meal, there's a beefeater down the road. I can book a table depending on interest. Ice skating you just pay on the day.

Cheers
Arnie

Lol, ok as an opener im going to suggest Saturday 25th November in Guildford. Skate session runs between 2 till 5. Costs around a fiver iirc.

The hockey team are away that weekend & gives us enough time to sort it all out (and buy some ice skates if you hate wearing ankle breakers the rink provides!)

Yep thats it, cheers Ollie.

and i'l be a little rusty when it comes to skating, so will James, infact everyone will, but that's half the fun ;)

Anyway, let me know about the meal idea or however you guys want the day to pan out.

Post your interest below :)

Hopefully James' Ice Skating will be just as amusing as his bowling, hehe.

Also from what I hear his dancing is somewhat amusing to. lol

Glad I can help by posting random stuff :D

I'm quite easy when it comes to food - if it's edible and in front of me - I'll eat it - aslong as I don't have to cook :-D

This should be a good laugh, hopefully maybe some Midlands members could be interested too ;)

Can't wait for this. will b a right laugh!! And be warned people. If i'm gunna fall on my arse, i'll be grabbing the nearest person i know!!! Hopefully Arnold will stay close LOL!!

With that warning, you'l be lucky :p

So, we're up to 6 already, pretty cool. Come on portsmouth lot! Welly & Retepetsir, let me know too

Alienfish360 said:
I may be interested.....

Your coming! lol. List updated

LOL, does it count that I used to play Hockey, semi-pro Broomball aswell and skated 7 hours a day 7 days a week (would love to have that figure again :) )

Oh and nope I've never worn tights :D

Broomball is wicked!

Anyway, come on welly it's only a fiver! You know it makes sense

Wow this will be the closest meet I've been to. Only 72.2 (plus getting lost miles) miles!!!

I'm Sure someone can offer u a place to crash Phil.

ok guys put me down as a maybe, i have to check if i'm free and if i have any cash....

but i've been to the spectrum for ice skating before (i learnt there :D) and i'm still crap lol,

probably drag Detox along too... i'll let ya know ;)

luv to mate but this weekend i'm going to Mat's place and comming back with:

micra shell
1.4 engine
roll cage
custom wide arch kit

so i really won't have any cash lol, but i'll see if i can put some cash away ;)

also getting a P2 hard tail bike so i can ride to work and save some cash but i'm paying £300 for the bike so it will be a while before it earns its money...

BUT i will try ;)

Arnold said:
Broomball is wicked!

Anyway, come on welly it's only a fiver! You know it makes sense

£5 plus extra. like £140 plus for back box's.
then £5-£10 for food. (burger king just down the road. saying that think there's a kfc or burger king in the centre)
plus £10-£20 for fuel. depending on what car i bring.
but will try my best. even working saturday. before 12 o'clock.

Turtle said:
Whats with the fish alan??

The fish is Ems Albino Shark, sitting (Ok, swimming!) in a 4 foot tank behind me! :)

Gonna be a great meet.

well Detox is up for it :)

anyone want a yellow lip spoiler or a black steering wheel? they are still in my car from the last meet lol,

maybe i can get my bumper fixed by then grr and my bloody electrics!!!

count me in any excuse to go to guildford :) id recomend Nando's to eat best chciken on the planet they do vegitarian food too (GF is veggy and she loves it)

up for hitting some bars afterwards too :)

i'll be up for it... if the car makes it that far :p

you aint gettin rid of me that easily... mwahaha

also FAO: nex and detox, I went back to the petrol station, 3 weeks after, and they had my fuel cap! SCORE!

Spike said:
i'll be up for it... if the car makes it that far :p

you aint gettin rid of me that easily... mwahaha

also FAO: nex and detox, I went back to the petrol station, 3 weeks after, and they had my fuel cap! SCORE!

LMAO nice one :) now all you need is a new rear end... lol

are you up for another convoy then?

Well i have my own skates now :D, and i have to say they're a lot harder to use than the rink ones!! :( At least i'm not gunna break my ankles now tho!!
This meet will b a right laugh! Really looking forward to it :)

Whats happening about going out after? Anyone up for it, other than speedle!! I'm happy with just staying at the rink as theres a good size bar there :)

Arnold said:
Bring her skating first! :)

She'd love that, seeing as London is her birthday treat. Think shopping, eating out, show, 5* hotel :laugh:.

To add to that, neither of us can skate (I know you play ice hockey :p).

I can use a skateboard and bmx for Britain, I just cant ice skate :blush:

Yeah i play (or played!) doesnt mean i can skate though!! There are alot better skaters than me out there believe me! :)

list updated :) Not long now chaps and chapetts!

Btw, alienfish is threatening to drop out. Now everyone, i want you all giving him grief until he stops being silly and gives us a definite yes :p

FINE!!!!

I'm just about to book the flights! So you southerners better worship me

Total price: £73.00 GBP

Though James, cheers for sorting me out, you're a LEG of END

Back