• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Peppy The Micra

Her name was chosen by my 2 boys, anyway I thought id give her and me a bit of an introduction.
I bought her a few weeks a go with test till Feb 15 and tax till august, £320, she was originally for my wife as being from Canada she can only drive auto here on her replacement licence.
We actually looked at her twice the first time my wife was not interested as to be honest the car was looking a little down at heel, roof covered in moss, a bit of rust on the arches and the odd few dings.
Anyway a week after viewing car first time wife said is that Micra still for sale? , I think we should buy it, so I went and did the deal and a 1994 micra 1.3lx auto came home.
Got her home gave her a quick wash and told the wife to take her for a drive, well Peppy is none power assisted so that was the end of that the wife wont drive her so now shes mine :)
Ive spent a lot of time on the bodywork bringing her back up, shes been welded on her sills at the rear, no more than I expected on a 20 year old car, but it was nicely done and its solid.
This is the first time ive owned a Nissan but ive always had a softspot for them as a child my father had a 1977 Datsun 120y ive never forgotten that car, I still love the shape of them.
My plans for Peppy are modest, change the exhaust system and and an induction kit, going to clean up the steel wheels repaint them and im am on the lookout for some 1970s steel Datsun Hubcaps and I will be rebadging her as a Datsun ( not to everyones taste I know) then just enjoy her. They are great little cars she puts a smile on my face.
DSC05440.jpg
DSC05441.jpg
DSC05442.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

It's odd how many people seem to "End Up" with a Micra, and then really like them (Guilty as charged). I don't think I've had anything this much fun to drive since my 1973 Mini 1000 I had in 1991! :)

Kaptain Klang I agree I had a mini 850 back in 1990 when I passed my test loved that car, the Micra brings it all back, it just makes me smile.

My wife keeps taking the mick out of mine, until she drives it, then it's " that's fun to drive". No innuendo intended by the way.

I bought like this so I don't need to modify lol. It was belong to old msc member. I took pics for you so you can see. :)

atezyqe2.jpg
eve6ybar.jpg
a2a5utyb.jpg
8yjatazy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, I recently debumper stripped my micra, im thinking now of painting my wheels white would this be overkill?

Tbh mate I wouldnt got for white, white is nice on car but dont go for white on the wheels, people may say different but my opinion. Have a play on photo shop with some ideas before you go ahead :)

I painted mine white with some paint I had spare and thought it looked ok, better than rusty anyway. Down side is that I didnt clean it up well enought so now the white is starting to show rust stains and the dirt etc shows up easy. Going to redo them matt black this time as the car will be white so need some contrast lol

Back