• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March G...New owner continues work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

After purchasing the march from SK193 on here work started pretty immediately it's taken me a while to get this up but things are definitely moving along. A little bit about me i've had a number of cars along the way and always got to work on them I was previously a BMW mechanic so have a reasonable knowledge base to apply to any vehicle I own. Most recently I've had a fiesta St a bmw e30, mk1 mx5 and an audi tt all bar the tt were subject to my hobby.
Couple snaps of my previous vehicles;:

Attachments

• 1395657743044.jpg
    1395657743044.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 1395657826199.jpg
    1395657826199.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 290
  • 1395657896145.jpg
    1395657896145.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
In all honesty i'm not sure of his surname but it has been on here and belonged to a number of owners here but it seems like he really put in the work to bring it up to scratch. I've started work on it pretty swiftly first job was to remove the entire interior for flocking and then get it down to the flickers who have done a great job i'm currently in the process of putting it all back in a few pictures of the process as it goes. Opinions welcomed. Thanks for the welcome.

Attachments

• 1395658841253.jpg
    1395658841253.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 1395658864656.jpg
    1395658864656.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 1395658894609.jpg
    1395658894609.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 1395658912021.jpg
    1395658912021.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 1395658952662.jpg
    1395658952662.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 341
  • 1395658954979.jpg
    1395658954979.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 1395658974029.jpg
    1395658974029.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 328
Sam sorry first post amended to user yea I'm a big fan of them too i'm going for track/daily so thought I'd acoustic carpet the back originally wanted to keep the door cards matching the interior because the seats are so comfy. However I'm now considering having the fabric covered too as I think it will look better. Fingers crossed as I work things will evolve bit by bit. Got a set of 14" nismo wheels, arches skirts a strut brace and another dashpod and the jdm arm rest so once it all arrives ill update with some further images on what's planned and and what's being done. However I may of had some news meaning the micra could have to go but im hoping I'll be able to keep it!!!! it drives beautifully and is very comfy only downside seems to be the ££££ of parts was looking into a set of be coilovers and the anti roll bars not too cheap but for what's intended an expense I will be willing to go to. There are some very impressive threads on here with some great finds and information. Enjoyed reading about your k10 when I first joined would be great to see all of the cars here in person and get some more Knowledge on the cg13 lump.

Be sure to get your name down for JAE thats where the biggest collection is expected to be this year. I'm taking my 2 and so far figures are look good :)

Thanks my two are a bit odd but that's how I like it

Looking forward to your build

Sam sorry first post amended to user yea I'm a big fan of them too i'm going for track/daily so thought I'd acoustic carpet the back originally wanted to keep the door cards matching the interior because the seats are so comfy. However I'm now considering having the fabric covered too as I think it will look better. Fingers crossed as I work things will evolve bit by bit. Got a set of 14" nismo wheels, arches skirts a strut brace and another dashpod and the jdm arm rest so once it all arrives ill update with some further images on what's planned and and what's being done. However I may of had some news meaning the micra could have to go but im hoping I'll be able to keep it!!!! it drives beautifully and is very comfy only downside seems to be the ££££ of parts was looking into a set of be coilovers and the anti roll bars not too cheap but for what's intended an expense I will be willing to go to. There are some very impressive threads on here with some great finds and information. Enjoyed reading about your k10 when I first joined would be great to see all of the cars here in person and get some more Knowledge on the cg13 lump.
So your the guy who bought those stuff on ebay before I could. Mate sell me that rear plate holder you got and if you ever sell up il snap the arches up ;)

Wheres that grille D:

Someone attempted to remove it at some point while its on a mates drive so I took it off while its parked up and yea I'm the guy the bits I don't need will be up on here once I've paid for a sellers account until then I won't say anymore to stay within club rules however ill happily keep you in mind for that bit.

Ah, the whore of the March's.

Been passed around more times than a prostitute at an Amsterdam brothel.

Well it's had its poor owners like any car out there but from seeing the most recent build and going over it all all of those issues seem resolved to me and not that sure I would of got better elsewhere so im like those who give in Amsterdam ill be another happy customer!!!

Someone attempted to remove it at some point while its on a mates drive so I took it off while its parked up and yea I'm the guy the bits I don't need will be up on here once I've paid for a sellers account until then I won't say anymore to stay within club rules however ill happily keep you in mind for that bit.
Okay awesome mate, pm me when you do. Also did you know the car was originally automatic? Just thought I will say.

Okay awesome mate, pm me when you do. Also did you know the car was originally automatic? Just thought I will say.

Yea well aware read each thread about the vehicle prior to purchasing thanks, also the dials and having to drop the clutch to start confirms all of that

Yea well aware read each thread about the vehicle prior to purchasing thanks, also the dials and having to drop the clutch to start confirms all of that
Ahh nice one mate. Would be nice to see your March parked up with my March at some shows.

Ahh nice one mate. Would be nice to see your March parked up with my March at some shows.

Well I'm based in London and work near heathrow so it's not too far a between us so it's definitely possible I won't have mine on the road until July anyway. But im awaiting some big news which may mean the march has to go unless I can swing having both cars!!!! Fingers crossed as it's only just begun! !

Nice to see the March back on here. Glad you're enjoying it mate!
I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses now

Did you flock the dash? ? ?

Wasn't done by me but yea dash, all door cards and pillars and so on went a little overboard I reckon. But depending on the future the interior will be stripped and trimmed in acoustic carpet to keep it looking neat i was also considering a fiberglass build over the fuel tank to allow easy access and to make storage easy in the rear.

Hello :) good to see the march again :) love the interior :) look forward to seeing more! X

Cheers mate yea It's not all back together yet I noticed a couple burnt out bulbs in the back of the binnacle so ordered a load from Korea just awaiting there arrival now pain in the ass to get hold of but I finally located them so atleast when it's back together I know it's all spot on!! I'll update when the whole interiors back in.

Back from my holiday a couple days ago and had 2 days to get back on the interior. The bulb holders arrived from korea, so the indicator on the binnacle is now fully functional and a couple of the other burnt out bulb holders have all been replaced. Here are a couple snaps of it all in ill try get a few of the rear later in the week.

Attachments

• 1396519255650.jpg
    1396519255650.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 288
  • 1396519275490.jpg
    1396519275490.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 1396519311498.jpg
    1396519311498.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.