march cancer

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
petrol spills + dampness + body kit to keep it all mushed together =

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

its sorted already! hello angle grinder, luckily it didn't go too far back into the wheel well, only a centimeter or two where the body kit was over the metal

ground it down, stripped the paint, rust converted what i could, siliconed and primed it so its the best that the 19yo car is gonna get at this stage

if i ever get it painted then it will get sheet welded back into it

or if i buy a mig and get bored :D

its sorted already! hello angle grinder, luckily it didn't go too far back into the wheel well, only a centimeter or two where the body kit was over the metal

ground it down, stripped the paint, rust converted what i could, siliconed and primed it so its the best that the 19yo car is gonna get at this stage

if i ever get it painted then it will get sheet welded back into it

or if i buy a mig and get bored :D

Good stuff man sounds like you were on top of that !!!!

Quite common, super s K10s suffer from that a lot here. I took all my kit off and checked and sealed it all, etc.

dont have the facilities to weld in anything to replace it yet, i'd prefer the whole car wasn't held together with silicon eh!

add it to the list... along with trying to get nissan off their asses and order my part

dont have the facilities to weld in anything to replace it yet, i'd prefer the whole car wasn't held together with silicon eh!

add it to the list... along with trying to get nissan off their asses and order my part

Man see in the mighty mods vid would you be able to email me how the guys resealed and tightened everthing?Like did they get rid of the rattles?

the rattles in my car were coming from a few places

firstly was the boot hatch... i greased up all the rubber so it doesn't squeek when the hatch moves

then i wrapped the boot catch in plastic so it would be a tighter fit, the downside is the hatch is harder to pop open but i hardly use it anyway

the parcel shelf was making a bit of noise moving around, that was easy just taped up the mounting points so it was a tighter fit

alot of the noise was also coming from where the back seat catches are, i taped up and re greased the catches so they didn't move around as much

my drivers window makes a hell of a racket when its not tightly wound up, easy solution :D

took out the drivers and passengers seats and re greased the rails and tighened the mounting bolts underneath

tighened up the screws that hold the plastic trim on and around the glove box etc

thats all i can remember doing... ps 'they' in mightymods is just me :D

the rattles in my car were coming from a few places

firstly was the boot hatch... i greased up all the rubber so it doesn't squeek when the hatch moves

then i wrapped the boot catch in plastic so it would be a tighter fit, the downside is the hatch is harder to pop open but i hardly use it anyway

the parcel shelf was making a bit of noise moving around, that was easy just taped up the mounting points so it was a tighter fit

alot of the noise was also coming from where the back seat catches are, i taped up and re greased the catches so they didn't move around as much

my drivers window makes a hell of a racket when its not tightly wound up, easy solution :D

took out the drivers and passengers seats and re greased the rails and tighened the mounting bolts underneath

tighened up the screws that hold the plastic trim on and around the glove box etc

thats all i can remember doing... ps 'they' in mightymods is just me :D

Thanks alot man yeah done most of that to mine but the rattles comes back into it after a trackday or two ha ha

Back