Mal's K11 + TD04 build

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"schoona WROTE:<BR><BR>"Gonna test fit a GA16 turbo manifold this week, see how it looks. Then its just swapping flanges to suit the TD04 hopefully :)"</DIV><BR><BR>GA,s have got a pretty wide gap between ports 2 and 3 eh mal, you might need to cut a section out ?

Don't mind that, its costing me $100 AUD if I take it, have the standard exhaust mani here with a flange, + my new flanges from kinugawa turbo so should have enough to make a little manifold up. :)

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Just ordered a "universal' 2" intercooler piping kit from 999 Automotive :)

Just need a 2.75" > 2" reducer (throttle body) and I should have all the boost piping I need. Just manifold and dump pipe.

After that, tidy up spare engine, full service of that, new clutch, will get the flywheel that is in the car machined.

Tomei metal head gasket (0.5mm) ?? Found a gasket shop on ebay too, they have a standard one. Plus exhaust and intake mani gaskets, rocker cover gaskets and a few other bits and pieces

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
.5mm is a bit small for boost? And be running a bit high then normal with compresssion, you would want to try and Tomei only stock .7mm metal head gaskets, a few fellows on here are running standard or double standard head gaskets for boost they want

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Think I'll go the double standard when I do it. More a "safe than sorry" kind of thing.

I know assuming is the "mother of all f ups" but I bought the motor and gearbox on good premise that it was healthy so may just see how it goes first eh

Thanks for the help people!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
See if you can find someone that does aluminum ones? And give them a head gasket so they know what you want :)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

a few fellows on here are running standard or double standard head gaskets for boost they want"</div>

one barmy cnut uses 2nd hand ones too :D

a .5mm one will raise the c/r by about half a point eh (10:1)

i find this a good calculator <a href="http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html" title="http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html" target="_blank">http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html</a>

71mm

80.5mm

72mm

1.2mm

26cc

-6.5cc

Shoot.....that's thrown my calcs off. I always went on the pistons bowls being 8.1cc and not 6.5cc. Ciscos Jap CG13DE must have been an oddball perhaps....

sps-pistons2.jpg

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:

Shoot.....that's thrown my calcs off. I always went on the pistons bowls being 8.1cc and not 6.5cc. Ciscos Jap CG13DE must have been an oddball perhaps....

<br

tbh the calculations tally with the (flat-top and 63mm stroke) 1.0 calculations if you use 25cc for the chamber and 7.5cc for the 1.3 dish dave.
the numbers i posted were from using a syringe and are probably + or - about 10% eh

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Vistited a shop here to organise the fuel rail and explained the project, they basically hated it,

Hated my turbo choice and said it would be laggy as all ####, just get a T25.
My SR20DET injectors are "too much work to make fit" even custom fuel rails and all that, so they are useless. So top feed might be the way to go. Pretty disappointed.
Enquired about manifolds, they want 3k for inlet and exhaust mani + new AFM and throttle body
Then dump pipe
Then Haltech (bagged the crap out of EMS Stinger)
Didnt agree with turbo placement or intercooler placement either.

Am going to go back through your thread, but could you post up your photo bucket link or something?
So yeah, feeling pretty disappointed...

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
thinking about copying Stani's glanza manifold idea and running with that now.

Fuelling, no hard and fast info really on what needs to be done to make what injectors fit. I have Side feed SR20DET ones, apparently they are useless for making a custom fuel rail. So start again with fuel. Grrrr

schoona WROTE:

"Vistited a shop here to organise the fuel rail and explained the project, they basically hated it,

Hated my turbo choice and said it would be laggy as all ####, just get a T25.

My SR20DET injectors are "too much work to make fit" even custom fuel rails and all that, so they are useless. So top feed might be the way to go. Pretty disappointed.

Enquired about manifolds, they want 3k for inlet and exhaust mani + new AFM and throttle body

Then dump pipe

Then Haltech (bagged the crap out of EMS Stinger)

Didnt agree with turbo placement or intercooler placement either.

Am going to go back through your thread, but could you post up your photo bucket link or something?

So yeah, feeling pretty disappointed...

lol. thats pretty much the same response i got when i started turbo'ing my red car! every workshop was like wtf, a micra. pfffttt why bother. set out to do it myself and now no one knows what to say lol.

*what was there justification for using a t25? and how will a td04 be laggy? hard to say by not knowing which t25 they are refering too as there are a bunch to chose from, but the run on the mill nissan t25 has bigger wheels and housings then a forester/wrx td04, even on paper it will spool faster. a little different but my vf30 wasn't laggy AT ALL on the stock engine. if anything i'd say a td04 is too small, but should see you through to a 100kw quite easily with plenty of low down grunt

*sr20det injectors and rail are easy as to make fit, it just requires time and half a brain, custom fuel rails are even easier, but there's absolutely no need to go topfeed, at your power level, even at 300rwkw the sidefeed design is more then sufficient at supplying enough fuel flow

*that's pretty keen, is it gold plated? why they giving you a new afm when they are reccomending a haltech?

*is that because they retail haltech and arent an ems dealer? lol. ems stinger will do more then what you want and beyond.

take your car and your idea somewhere else if thats the response you got.

finally, leave the headgasket alone unless you plan to run 15psi all day long, or tune it yourself.

schoona WROTE:

"thinking about copying Stani's glanza manifold idea and running with that now.

Fuelling, no hard and fast info really on what needs to be done to make what injectors fit. I have Side feed SR20DET ones, apparently they are useless for making a custom fuel rail. So start again with fuel. Grrrr

you just need a sr side feed fuel rail. any sr fuel rail will do. no need to go buying new injectors

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
^ thank fook. S13 180SX/GTIR/Bluebird then. Good cheers!

Thanks for the positive comments too!

Forgot to add,

You should use a 50 shot of NOS to help spool up the turbo

Righttttt.

Good confidence knowing turbo isn't "Too big" and that injectors will be just fine when I find a rail to mod.
Id assume cut and re-weld (braze?) to suit the hole centres

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Mickb WROTE:

"This needs a tidy, but hope it helps

So thats a rail to suit side feed SR20DET injectors MickB?

How much would you want for it? Postcode is 2323.

See that option, failing that look at the CGA option (pretty sure can still use same squirters eh Frank?)

You Micra guys are so helpful, thanks a heap! (try and read build threads but people ask different questions and have different methods and budgets)....then read so much without actually making a decision and doing something you can second guess....but thanks again lads!

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Unsure if I want to sell it :)
It is my backup option (plenum and rail), if I want to run a legitimate setup (motorbike carbs is the first option).

RTK - no seat rails mate. Am going to Mulholland regardless, just offered on the rail due to that :)

Frank - what injectors can you fit in the CGA topfeed rail?

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Mickb WROTE:

"Unsure if I want to sell it :)<BR>It is my backup option (plenum and rail), if I want to run a legitimate setup (motorbike carbs is the first option).<BR><BR>RTK - no seat rails mate. Am going to Mulholland regardless, just offered on the rail due to that :)<BR><BR>Frank - what injectors can you fit in the CGA topfeed rail?

Just teasing me hey? There is a 180SX rail on ebay im looking at atm

All the Nismo, Sard, ID etc injectors can be used I would think but there would be no point (flow overkill (Nismo 550's?) fuel pump to support it, pretty sure intake mani setup and throttle body would be a problem so change all that. Side feed will be plenty enough for 8-10 psi I would think (Good enough on a SR20DET pulsar with a T25/T28 and >10psi anyway).

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Just bought 2 of these kits (double headgasket if mine goes) and helps me out with manifolds etc if I have to take them on or off.
New rocker cover gasket so I can take this one off and clean it up :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130293697116?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And copying Stani here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400164231279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Sizing it up and measuring, my manifolf just wasn't getting the turbo high enough to clear the alternator. So this will help.

Boost piping from 999 Automotive just got delivered too :)
999autoboostpiping.jpg

Trying to get it all done chaps!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Those pipes look heaps to big! And that manifold will need to be cut, and a micra flang weld on if you don't already know!

schoona WROTE:

"Mickb WROTE:

"Unsure if I want to sell it :)
It is my backup option (plenum and rail), if I want to run a legitimate setup (motorbike carbs is the first option).

RTK - no seat rails mate. Am going to Mulholland regardless, just offered on the rail due to that :)

Frank - what injectors can you fit in the CGA topfeed rail?"</div>

Just teasing me hey? There is a 180SX rail on ebay im looking at atm

All the Nismo, Sard, ID etc injectors can be used I would think but there would be no point (flow overkill (Nismo 550's?) fuel pump to support it, pretty sure intake mani setup and throttle body would be a problem so change all that. Side feed will be plenty enough for 8-10 psi I would think (Good enough on a SR20DET pulsar with a T25/T28 and &gt;10psi anyway).

550's are massive overkill! i used 370's in mine and got to a 150kw +. stock sr20de should be fine, det if you wana be safe. that stainless manifold might actually work pretty well. make sure you put some decent brackets off the dump to the block and flex joint right after it or you'll be forever cracking the manifold.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Hey malcolm I'll send you all the info I found for turbo conversion of here and ukmicra site over fb or send me an email

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
Well Im pretty much copying this effort RTK,

da6cc247.jpg

6cc0c0f2.jpg

requires spacing the alernator out and getting a longer belt but small problem in comparison I think. Might try and get the turbo flange a little bit higher (possibly to the right aswell) and may not have to do that.
He's using a modded RB25 rail and injectors.

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"Hey malcolm I'll send you all the info I found for turbo conversion of here and ukmicra site over fb or send me an email

Please do over FB. Linky me. The pipework is 2". Not big at all. I can work out its for a Toyota and not a Micra and the manifold wont bolt on directly lol.

>550's are massive overkill! i used 370's in mine and got to a 150kw +. stock sr20de should be fine, det if you wana be safe. that stainless manifold might actually work pretty well. make sure you put some decent brackets off the dump to the block and flex joint right after it or you'll be forever cracking the manifold.<BR>[/quote]

I agree. That's why I'm using the SR20 side feeds (well DET ones). Was going to flex pipe anyway, but didn't think about brackets to the block. Cheers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Okay mate, I will send it to you on Sunday when I get home, it's about 3-4pages for memory :s 370cc injectors are purple tops too if that helps

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
First things first,

RTFM!!!!

IMG_2508.jpg

If she blows up, double headgaskets yeah yeah!
IMG_2507.jpg

Full 180SX rail, squirters and adjustable FPR :)
IMG_2506.jpg

Same as Stani, Toyosports Glanza/Starlet GT mani and de-cat dump. Need to be butchered but how you get a high mounted turbo!
IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
And now have these in my posession :)

Fronts: 16x7 +35
Rears: 16x8 +38

Should fit quiet well I think, worst case will be inner clearances but they wont go on till it's been lowered, sway bars etc..well I think thats the way anyway. Got a motor to do first...

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
rims in blue with chrome lip :D and maybe with the turbo try high mount? so you dont have the problem with the alternator?

CMF_schoona

» CMF Member
^lol you read well :p

turbo is higher mounted with this mani, was gonna use the standard one but ran into problems, hence copying the other guy that's done it already :) He's cool with it lol

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
yeah cant use the standard manifold, will be best to go get a 12-15mm one made up same as you manifold and go from there

CMF_antos

» CMF Member
Nice little write up.mate, looking forward to seeing how it turns out =}
Your rims in the gold (but with polished lip) would be nice (and different) but black with polished lip (gives it a panda look lol) looks tuff..need a nismo grille =}

Back