Malfunction indicator light Please help !!

The other week i went to start my nissan micra k11 1998..
The Malfunction indicator light was continually flashing and wouldnt start..
I had the car looked at and they said there was a problems with the nats so it has since been re-coded... For 3 days it ran fine again and same problem has come back, except the drivers side indicator was also flashing (confused???).
Took battery terminal off and back on and it reset it self... car started (althou took 5/6 attempts.. car fired but judded and stopped on first few atempts).
Once again the Malfunction indicator light is back on and wont reset, wont start.Im at my wits end..someone please help and possible point me in the direction of what the possible cause could be..

The obvious.... Theres is a spark from plugs etc, fuel coming thru,fuel pump ok.

Please someone ????
Cheers
Julian

hi julian, if it will run for a few secs when you drop some fuel down the t/b or wet the filter, then i would say a nats or injector/fuel problem :)

Took battery terminals off for 30 mins (as have done b4) malfunction light as should be and car fires 1st time and keeps running.. doesnt miss a heart beat.. come 2mor same problem will be back..
had a look at the main engine fuse box.. it has no cover.Not over dirty or corroded but doesnt look A1.
Could this cause this problem im having ??

Back