• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My blog

Right where do i start....

Brought the k11 for £125 off a mate in work. Since then i have done the following mods:

-Brought a window wrap spoiler currently needs paint finishing.

-Fitted an sr20de engine from a 1998 Almera gti on 60 000m

-Brought and fitted an acewell kit car dash

-100nx front brakes with green stuff pads and grooved disks yet to be fitted.

-Fitted much bigger brake servo and bias valve.

-brought a 700mm aluminium rad

-brought a 16'' slimline rad fan

-converted battery into the boot

-modified standard bumper and grill for extra cooling

-multi spoke 15'' wheels with 205 tyres not fitted yet but going bright orange :p

-Fitted goodridge electric blue braided brake lines

-Apex 35mm springs with spax shocks

-custom hubs to fit into micra carriers to accomidate sr20 shafts

-high pressure fuel pump

-Stage 2 clutch kit

-Almera gti steering wheel

-full st/st exhaust system from block to tip with no cats or boxes other than back box.

-Removed p/steering pump - abs pump and aircon.

-currently working on the air intake.

-underside of bonnet had to be gutted out for the rad to fit so now using bonnet pins to hold it down.

-only couple things left to buy inc. panhard rod and anti roll bars.

-driveshafts will be prototyped on saturday, by this i mean i am cutting and welding to check size and test car functions with a small SLOW test drive. Then getting new ones made.

Heres some pics. Let me know what you think and any ideas or parts i may want the let me know!

Planning to be finished in January.

moto_0090.jpg

moto_0064.jpg

moto_0065.jpg

moto_0066.jpg

moto_0067.jpg

moto_0074.jpg

moto_0090.jpg

24112009015.jpg

moto_0093.jpg

moto_0078.jpg

24112009016.jpg

moto_0084.jpg

Sounds like that'd be fun to pilot!

Is it OTR yet bar the paint and spoiler?

Blogs tend to go in the forum section up above ^ but I suspect a mod'll be along shortly to move it up there.

Ah my bad.. By OTR do you mean on the road? Sorry my text slang aint up to scratch :blush: its all little bits now like the panhard rod and shafts ect.. just got off the phone to insurance and its £810! as im 20 im happy with that.

Good project here (Y) Glad to see things like suspension and brakes are being uprated!

Im sure a couple of people on here would want some driveshafts made up...maybe a group buy?

OH MY GOD!

This looks Ace, want to see it in person. Where did you get this Digital/LCD Display from?

24112009015.jpg

What size is SR20DE litrewise?

Awesome! You had the SR20 100NX didnt you? Is this the same engine?

How come you didnt just just a standard almera GTi rad? That one is huge! Looks a bit exposed behind the bumper too.
Looks awesome, cant wait to see it finished.

Thread moved to blogs.

Wow that's a seriously impressive first post! I look forward to this one progessing!!

Welcome along :)

James.

Awesome! You had the SR20 100NX didnt you? Is this the same engine?

How come you didnt just just a standard almera GTi rad? That one is huge! Looks a bit exposed behind the bumper too.
Looks awesome, cant wait to see it finished.

Yea ive used the same engine. i know its history and its just piece of mind really, Heres a pic of the NX going to its new home :(

I got the rad mainly because i needed a replacement. Didnt relize it was such a beast until it arrived.. ill check the sizes next time :grinning:

Back