making go faster

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Well I just got a air cone/filter thing installed today. What else would make it go quicker than its top speed I got out of it 106mph?

depends how much u want to spend. was it induction kit or just filter cause without reloacting it your more likely to get less performance.
top speed doesnt really matter if you want a quick car your after acceleration

A hill??? Manifold, exhaust, de-cat, re-map, turbo, supercharger, NOS, a 2.0l turbo engine!

An cone filter will do jack to your top speed. They just sound better and can sometimes lower performance!

more cost which I cant afford at the mo it needs Im guessing at least £350 worth of working doing to it :(

Strip your interior out, that will make you go faster. Spare wheel, passenger seat, back seats (get a lightweight racing seat/s e.g. Cobra Clubmans weigh about half as much as the originals) door cards etc, deplete your washer bottle and put as little fuel in it as possible and see what happens!

You can do better than 106mph with a 1.3 :)

i have got a k11 1.0ltr.. with 1.3 cams, 1.3 injectors, 1.3 pistons and a 1.3 throttle body... 4 branch, full exhaust system (so it sounds sweet aswell) i was clocked at 118mph by my friends astra vxr... not bad for a 1.0ltr :p... so this is a good way to tune it without spending a fortune.. pm me i think i might be able to get some more 1.3 cams... they are quite tricky to fit an involve a fair bit of time... couple of hours seeing as they are twin cam... so obviously you have to fit 2 lol... but try and get someone to do it who has done it before or knows 100% what they are doing... the other good thing about doing this is that the only way police are going to find out about the mods is if they strip the engine which i highly doubt they will never do...

1.3 pistons will make it slower :(

Janspeed manifold will cost 200 brand new or 100 off here somewhere. You will get a noticeable difference with this. Also if your clutch is about to die consider a light flywheel or and even a 1.0 gearbox from a 1998+ micra. This will make it accelerate like a go cart and my 1.4 has been off the clock (past 200km/h so I guess near to 130mph) with this set up with a small tail wind (private road)

i have got a k11 1.0ltr.. with 1.3 cams, 1.3 injectors, 1.3 pistons and a 1.3 throttle body... 4 branch, full exhaust system (so it sounds sweet aswell) i was clocked at 118mph by my friends astra vxr... not bad for a 1.0ltr :p... so this is a good way to tune it without spending a fortune.. pm me i think i might be able to get some more 1.3 cams... they are quite tricky to fit an involve a fair bit of time... couple of hours seeing as they are twin cam... so obviously you have to fit 2 lol... but try and get someone to do it who has done it before or knows 100% what they are doing... the other good thing about doing this is that the only way police are going to find out about the mods is if they strip the engine which i highly doubt they will never do...

I must appologise in advance for any offence this may cause, but that claim is highly doubtful. I suspect that due to a post count of 2, this is another person from some forum trying to be a comic.

There are several reasons why that is so, one of which Frank kindly pointed out. The rest maybe divulged, but since I feel this is completely rediculous I shall refrain.

Since it's 2009, I feel that we should make sure that misinformation and unfounded claims are minimised as much as possible. All they do is lead people astray and it doesn't help us to develop as a club.

I would highly recommend that people DO NOT follow this path, it is NOT a good way to tune a CG10 engine, and that that post is removed.

power to weight will not alter your top speed. its not that it weighs more its the fact that its shaped like a badly formed jelly baby and has the aro dynamic efficiency of a fat kid.

i managed an extra 4mph by lowering my aerial removing my wipers and folding my mirrors in. but whats the point it took me 1/4 tank of fuel and about 3 miles to achieve that speed.

i have decided that the persuit to 70mph is much more fun. learning how to change gear so fast it sounds like a sequential. spinning the wheels from first to second, seeing the chav in the corsa sat next to you at the christmas tree (santa pod) disapear. thats what its about. not top speed. if you want top speed get a faster car.

power to weight will not alter your top speed. its not that it weighs more its the fact that its shaped like a badly formed jelly baby and has the aro dynamic efficiency of a fat kid.

i managed an extra 4mph by lowering my aerial removing my wipers and folding my mirrors in. but whats the point it took me 1/4 tank of fuel and about 3 miles to achieve that speed.

i have decided that the persuit to 70mph is much more fun. learning how to change gear so fast it sounds like a sequential. spinning the wheels from first to second, seeing the chav in the corsa sat next to you at the christmas tree (santa pod) disapear. thats what its about. not top speed. if you want top speed get a faster car.

mint well said

1. Why would you need to?
2. If it's a facelift, you've reached the electronically limited speed in that car anyway
3. For whoever said it, 118mph is bull####. The 1.0 box won't even go that far, the engine would be revving just above the standard limiter.

if its a 1.3, go for a full janspeed, keep standard air box with maybe a k&n panel filter, power boost valve, bigger injectors and fuel pump and you will have a very fast n/a micra, this is what i had and im still sure it was one of the quickest ones on this site

1. Why would you need to?
2. If it's a facelift, you've reached the electronically limited speed in that car anyway
3. For whoever said it, 118mph is bull####. The 1.0 box won't even go that far, the engine would be revving just above the standard limiter.

Not all facelifts. Any facelift after 2000 has no speed limiter and hits the limit of 5th gear at about 130mph (1.0) and about 160mph (1.4)

Just noticed yours is a 1.3gx so yes you have the top speed limit... sorry :$

lol NeX. I even had some woman tell me 'this isn't a race track you know' I was just like 'does it look like a race car!'

I've heard that Aero speed wipers add an extra 50bhp, which would make you go faster. Or just drop it from a crane on top of a caravan

Back