Making the Micra go that little bit quicker!

CMF_neds

» CMF Member
Well I'm loving the Micra at the moment and was wondering what you guys have done to make it go faster.

Now i haven't a big budget to play with so all things considered within budget :)

Would adding a different air filter make it respond any quicker? raising that 48bhp any further.

All tips/tweaks and advice appreciated.

Cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
http://www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-technical-articles.php

-2" press bent Exhaust from the first cat converter all the way to the rear. Make sure high flow mufflers are used, if it is too loud get another/larger resonator put in.

-Custom intake, check legalities of this though. There are some pictures floating around of the COld Air Intake i made for my factory airbox. Its not the best but it sure gave me a bit more power.

-Run on premium petrol. Advance timing with the premium petrol. I bumped my timing to 17.5degrees and the response from the engine on the highway is so much better, it is like its got another 100cc to play with.

-Buy a Clean airfilter (stick with paper filters, the oiled filters are a rip off and don't really give you the bang for the buck you're looking for).

Thats what I've done to mine and I'm quite happy with the performance so far.

CMF_neds

» CMF Member
OK great. So what kind of performance gains would i expect if say i put in a K&N induction kit? Would it be worth it?

Cheers

CMF_neds

» CMF Member
Just had a quick gander around the forum and the general consensus is to get a panel filter. I think i will do that now, how much could i expect to pay for one of these?

Also will think about rigging up the air intake to take cold air from the front.

All exciting stuff!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Slow down boys.

What 1.6L airbox?

This thread is currently useless without pictures!

Attachments

• 11310.jpg
    11310.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 35

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Yom,

I believe they are talking about the airbox from a Nissan Almera/Sunny GA16DE in the UK. Certain earlier models of these seem to use a throttle-body & airbox design similar to the GC13DE...

The micra in the picture below has one of these airboxes fitted. They seem to be larger that the micra one and so are probably a worthwhile upgrade if you can find one....

Attachments

• 11313.jpg
    11313.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 33

CMF_S2000

» CMF Member
How much approximately will it cost?? There's only one shop in New Zealand that has it. Are the 1.0L and 1.3L the same?? Because I dont want to waste to much money on the 1litre that I have in my car at the moment

Back