LUK Clutches

D

Dan_K11

Hey,

did some research in msc archives and seen that people say that the LUK HD clutches are good for the k11.. just wanted to make sure if people actually have them in their cars now and if they could tell me what they are like.. also where did you buy one from? if anyone has got one in the north east where did you get it from and how much? plus how much power do these handle and do they last long?

Ta very much!

LUK make 2 types of clutches for the 180mm (1.3) k11. A standard replacement which is what we usually have already (factory fitted) and a heavy duty. The heavy duty has only 15 or 20% more clamping force than the standard but I can guarantee that it doesnt feel very heavy through the pedal at all.

I can also say that after fitting one the clutch pedal has heaps more feel than the original clutch. Not to mention that it bites VERY well.

I'd be suprised if you could get it to slip with a naturally aspirated CG13.

LUK organic discs are known for their immense strength. The guy who sold a LUK HD to "GTRHOLIC" on micra.com.au reckons the LUK organics are some of the best in the world.

Plus they're dirt cheap.

Thanks Alot Yom! Just what i wanted to read! I think i will invest in a LUK heavy duty clutch now.

Much Appreciated!

Yeh well I dunno about what you guys have there but I know that here in australia most our clutches are junk. :D

Daiken are average, Excedy factory items are average. There's also some random names like PBR but they're also rubbish.

The datrats clutch is a custom unit and its very good though.

i found a LUK clutch kit for £45 and i emailed around and asked if anyone could get hold of a HD one for me and i got one reply saying the standard LUK clutch kit for my car was £95 :S.

anyone that has a LUK HD clutch..where did you get it from?

after reading this i been trying to hunt one down as well, most places are close at the moment will try on monday.

let me know i want one as well

me and runaway-robot have them. clutch peddle seems very spongey afterwards

Standard LUK clutch installed in my Super S two weeks ago: £125, all in. Pedal feel on the soft side but okay for my needs (141,000 on the clock so I don't push it that often).

S

The standard replacement is very light. Thats how the K11 originally came. Just overtime the lube nissan used on the throwout bearing dried out. Made the clutch "heavier" over time.

Last clutch I replaced i cleaned all the old dried up grease off the input shaft, hit it with the turps and degreaser. I then lubed it up with graphite powder. Doesn't make the pedal feel as "fluid" and light as a proper moly grease but it shouldn't cause any problems with drying out or grease getting onto the the clutch!

If you want a good uprated clutch go to your local Nissan dealer and ask for a clutch kit for the N15 1.4 Almera they cost about 65.00 + vat. We use the pressure plate and release bearing in the rally cars but change the centre plate to a Helix competition plate. Never had any problem with clutch slip.

Cheers Matt! Really appreciated. hope the new micra is coming on ok mate!

I know this is a kinda old thread but i feel this bit of info will be of benefit to anyone who reads this in the future...which searching for uprated clutches i decided to contact LuK's UK department directly, mainly to see what they could recommend or if they could help make up a suitable clutch for my needs.

Anyways what i recieved back is the following info :

"LuK Aftermarket Service Ltd supply Original Equipment specification clutches to the UK independent Aftermarket. At present we do not supply any uprated clutches. (note: some companies have been known to sell a standard LuK clutch as "uprated". If a company is offering an LuK clutch then please be aware it will not be uprated)"

So i think that removes the LUK uprated feeling that was posted up above, unless theres somthing the UK department dont know about. :)

LuK Info Site

Back