Quick question about clutches

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

Just a quick question, just got myself a jun 3.6kg flywheel and have blown most of my budget, was wondering about what clutch to use, cheap and a little uprated if possible (around £100, but cheaper if possible). I have used the search button and I have found little info about n15 almera 1.4 clutches work as a better uprated one, so all I need to do is buy the n15 almera clutch kit and all will bolt onto my 1993 k11 1.3 super s and jun flywheel..... Pressur plate, cover and release bearing??

Thanks in advance

i stripped a GA14 clutch the other day and it looked identical to a CG13 (they use the same g/box eh)
stock luk clutchkit ftw :) or else fit a QG 200mm one for 150hp+

Thanks frank

So an n15 ga14 clutch kit would be ok for around 100 to 120 hp... Im ,dreaming I know lol are thrse uprated then the cg13 clutch kit?

Thanks frank

So an n15 ga14 clutch kit would be ok for around 100 to 120 hp... Im ,dreaming I know lol are thrse uprated then the cg13 clutch kit?

i think you,ll find its the same clutch mate, you could try nissan4u for part numbers eh

Thanks for the suggestion, Looked on nissan4u and they are both different?

http://nissan4u.com/parts/almera/el_n15/1996_3/type_23/power_train/clutch/illustration_1/

http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/el_k11e/1993_1/type_94/power_train/clutch/illustration_2/

Doing a comparison using eurocarparts:

K11 Super S 1993 N15 Almera 1.4 Si (1996)
Cover Diameter = 180mm Cover Diameter = 190mm
Diameter 1 = 180mm Diameter 1 = 190mm
Diameter 2 = 180mm Diameter 2 = 190mm
Hub Profile = 18x18x20,5 Hub Profile = 18x18x20,6
No. of Teeth = 18 No. of teeth = 18
Weight = 4.48kg Weight - 4.49kg

Please can you advise Frank?
Id like to go for something better then the cg13de if possible
anything under £100, ill be fitting it myself, just wondered if there are any better, stronger especially with the JUN

Thanks again Frank.
(Y)

the GA14 i saw was definitely 180mm (like nissan4u says) there are some wrong listings on ebay eh fwn
so you,re restricted to 180mm really unless you mod an oversize plate to fit the 180mm cover like my hybrid clutch

Guess that's a Frankenclutch then eh Frank :laugh:.

I'm sorry, I'll get my coat :blush:.

aye guy, AKA igor :)

Attachments

• SDC11681.JPG
    SDC11681.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 303
Hi all

Just a quick question, just got myself a jun 3.6kg flywheel and have blown most of my budget, was wondering about what clutch to use, cheap and a little uprated if possible (around £100, but cheaper if possible). I have used the search button and I have found little info about n15 almera 1.4 clutches work as a better uprated one, so all I need to do is buy the n15 almera clutch kit and all will bolt onto my 1993 k11 1.3 super s and jun flywheel..... Pressur plate, cover and release bearing??

Thanks in advance

Hi Mickey,

I know it may be out your budget but my previous 180mm 3 paddle helix clutch is for sale on Martins Epic thread. Give him a shout if your interested, all the best with what ever option you choose

Frank - Cool pics, quite interested! they are uprated off course, as I know you made it! so how much do you charge for on of these hybrid clutches and what are the benefits?

Scopez - Interested and sent you a PM

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated (Y)

what about a exedy 190mm clutch for a GA16?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXEDY-CLU...CarParts_SM&hash=item56428254ac#ht_3831wt_921

i was going to run that with my alloy race components clutch

that says 200mm eh nex, and you would need to drill and tap the 240mm pcd holes to suit :eek:

Frank - Cool pics, quite interested! they are uprated off course, as I know you made it! so how much do you charge for on of these hybrid clutches and what are the benefits?

its just a used 160mm centre/spline fitted to a used 180mm friction face ash (because the 160mm friction face wont handle 100+hp)

Back