Lowering and stock shocks.

I'm looking to lower my Micra, just with lowering springs as I want to start with something simple. I was wandering if the stock shocks will need to be replaced so that it doesn't bounce about when lowered. (I see a lot of cars that have been lowered without the shocks being uprated, and they have the same movement on the road as boats on high seas :p) I just want to know if this is the case with the Micra.

lowering springs are stiffened mate so it should be quite firm. but i would say if your going any lower than 35mm you'll want the shocks too. i know a few guys that lowered other cars (not micras) on 60mm springs and the shocks couldnt take it and popped and started leaking. i doubt you'll be happy with 35mm. i'm running chopped springs. 2 coils off the front and 2 coils of the rear. fronts are fine but the rear shocks need shortening. i'll be doing this soon. also when lowering the micra you'll need to sort the rear panhard rod out. as the wheels sit at an angle. these are a few things to think about. where abouts are you mate?

What needs to be done to the panhard rod?

Next time you watch the weather forecast, look at that Island right up the top left of Scotland, probably with rain over it:laugh: That's where I am :p

What needs to be done to the panhard rod?

Next time you watch the weather forecast, look at that Island right up the top left of Scotland, probably with rain over it:laugh: That's where I am :p

When you lower the car, the rear axle will shift to the right, you can buy some panhard rod bushes from frank on here that will put it back in its normal position.

Is the axle shifting a Micra thing, or is it common with lowering? This is my first car :) Really fun to drive, but the insurance is a joke!

i've ever known it with the micra but i also think there is some ford yank model that has a similar problem. its an easy ish fix, well i hope as i'm doing mine soon. if you look at the back of the car the wheels will sit like............. / / . lol, but there is something on micra.au that explains better. (Y)

Back