How low on standard shocks?

Hi I've tried searching with no prevail, I was wondering just how low i could go on the standard shocks? My cars not going to be a trackcar or anything I just want a mean stance, as I was planning on getting pajero springs for the rear and matiz lowering springs for the front for an around 80mm drop, and was just wondering if the shocks could take it, and if new oem shocks would be better than my used ones?
Cheers
Rice.

frank

Club Member
your bumpstops will be out of position if you fit shorter shocks rice (potentially dangerous :eek:) but an 80mm drop wont leave you much travel

I had my 1.0 lowered 100mm on standard shocks... It was very very very stiff.. If your goin lowering your car make sure you get good tyres... Makes the world of difference...

Oh and by No means was it a comfortable car to drive.. But my god did it handle... i was able to carry so much speed through the bends that nothing could catch me...

Its priceless when you see peoples faces when you beat them when der drivin scoobys and civic and integra type r's:D:D:D

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
also dont forget, if you are going that low you WILL need an adjustable panhard rod mate,

i think SR steve went down as far as posible, about 80 - 100 mm and ended up ####ing his car up as glen the guy who bought it would tell you...

if you want to go that low why not look into moddeds coil overs in the f/s section?

OP
OP
R
Oh cool cheers Butters. Yeah i was definately going to get a whiteline panard rod, hopefully used on here. I really cannot afford coilovers, not even budget ones! I'm not too worried about comfort tbh, roads are pretty decent by me anyway and my cars mainly going for aesthetics anyway, however what Butters65 said about handling does sound appealing ;). Thanks guys :).

mph

Official MSC Trader
80 mm Lowering springs

We are having a test set of 80mm lowering springs made. These will be tested as soon as they arrive, hopefully in the next few weeks. Will keep everyone posted as soon as we have some information.

Matt

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
We are having a test set of 80mm lowering springs made. These will be tested as soon as they arrive, hopefully in the next few weeks. Will keep everyone posted as soon as we have some information.

Matt

yummy! (Y)

the springs you used for stiffening, were they aftermarket or did you use it from another model car.

if it was the latter, could you let me know what model as I'm looking to get a slight stiffness in the ride.

mph

Official MSC Trader
The springs we sell are specially made for the Micra, they are stiffer than the standard springs. The 50/55mm drop springs are very good.

Matt