shocks and springs!

richarda

Ex. Club Member
well ive got the car lowered 35mm and i wanna go lower with some decent shocks.

anyone know any places where i can get custom springs and some decent shocks?? if so list the sites/numbers plz as would like to get them done for redline rumble! cheers

The club has done a group buy of powercoil springs and i think Payne has one spare set of 50mm lowering springs. You honestly dont want to go lower as it becomes to much of a hassle.

Depending on your budget you can do any of the following

1) KYB shocks - £160 roughly with powercoil springs - £100

2) Koni Adjustables - £280 roughly with powercoil springs - £100

3) Coilovers from D2 racing - £600 roughly (will find link)

4) Bilstein Group N spec road/gravel dampers - £800 with powercoil spring - £100

The coilovers are the best option but as of yet i have not found anyone that owns a set to give me a honest opinion about how they perform.

-KYB's can be bought from most motorfactors and their is a link on here somewere for a place that sells them for a reasonable price.

- Koni's are avaliable from a wide variety of places, although i would recommend Demon Tweeks (shameless plug) as they will have them to your door next day or the day after. (becoming a offical member allows you to save 10% on all parts bought from Demon Tweeks with membership starting from a tenner)

- Bilsteins are expensive but you will never want anything else again. If your interested send me a PM as i can source you some.

Their are other springs avaliable but they only lower upto 40mm-45mm and are the same price as the Power coil option. Your best bet is to call someone like Demon Tweeks and ask what different options are avaliable or you could try looking at www.needforspeed.co.uk

Mike

Just to add that i have Eibach springs and the Bilstein damper, will post a picture showing the difference between one of these and a Koni adjustable.

If you have the money i would say your best bet would be Koni adjustables with powercoil springs, although i would recommend Eibach springs as i think they are some of the best springs avaliable for a K11.

On recent discussion with Dave aka Low Rider (source of all K11 knowledge) he said that Koni's are more suited if you use your car more on country lanes and on motorways as they are a bit to unforgiving around London and its amazingly flat spotless roads, lol :D

anyone know the site for the KYB shocks and springs as ive done a search and the sites its brought up does not show any for the micra

also able to buy them online, got a 1996 micra vibe

cheers

mike said:
The coilovers are the best option but as of yet i have not found anyone that owns a set to give me a honest opinion about how they perform.

Well although mine aren't D2's, i'd say its they are the best thing i've bought for the car. Mine are made by Leda, and as far as i'm aware, its the only set in exsistence for the Micra (K11).
Titch :kungfu:

titch your set were the only set made for the K11. The D2 racing set are different and have not got as many features/functions as your set.

Mike

Back