low horsepower

while i was at the japshow finale i had my car dyno'ed and the result arnt that great here is a pic of the graph , can someone explain the graph and advice on what could cause a low hp reading since having it dyno'ed i have done a compression test and these are the figures in psi
1 is 150
2 is 145
3 is 140
4 is 145

its got a frankspeed exhaust manifold and its got a sportex back box with a cone filter on the throttle body
its done 93k
ash

added the graph

Attachments

• Photo001.jpg
    Photo001.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 256
thats not bad consering its the power at the wheels too which is obviously gunna be less than at the flywheel which is 54hp for a 1.0 aint it?

HP and torque figures look great dude, dont worry about it, while micra look quite low in number, their lovely low weight allows them to apserlutely fly.

Follow ebbdudes blog on how to improve a few more things matey, otherwise it's normal, have you still got both cats in?

16 valve engines appreciate a decent induction system, a cone filter on top would suit a 8v. 1.6 almera air box have shown the best results. also 1.3 cams make a significant difference.

I'm surprised to see that no-one seems to have picked up on the fact that the peak power is at around 4300rpm.......

16 valve engines appreciate a decent induction system, a cone filter on top would suit a 8v. 1.6 almera air box have shown the best results. also 1.3 cams make a significant difference.

thanks, i will be relocating the filter soon aswell as using some 1.3 cams that i have got

ash

Remember, power sounds good but it's torque that pulls you along :).

cheers frank, at least i now know that my engine is good in terms of no leaks etc im hoping to get my 1.3 cams fitted by the end of the month and a few other bits and bobs that i will keep as a surprise

Back