Little Bandit Is Dead!!!

Sorry for te conversation change, but, i have been trying to prove to a (ford fenatic) work mate of mine how fast your car is, was, but he wont believe yours or other peoples posts, he wants hard facts, i have been arguing with him for months now, and need to get one up on him. are these stats published anywere on the web, so us ''jap crap'' owners can score one up on the fords??

cheers superls

Ill put i simply, theres always a bigger fish! Little bandit was fast but there have been faster hatchbacks and there will still be faster hatch backs....basicly you wont get one up on anyone without them coming back with something else........Lil Bandit was the best looking and a quite possibly the fastest Britsh Built micra!**
Theres vid on www.streetfire.net

**regardless of engine

Sorry for te conversation change, but, i have been trying to prove to a (ford fenatic) work mate of mine how fast your car is, was, but he wont believe yours or other peoples posts, he wants hard facts, i have been arguing with him for months now, and need to get one up on him. are these stats published anywere on the web, so us ''jap crap'' owners can score one up on the fords??

cheers superls

Here's the pictures of the slips from the event...

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

The times / speeds are recorded by DATRON equipment, which is supposedly the best in the business.

It looked amazing and unfortunatly many of us never got to see it.

For those who never saw the car, there is a 6 page feature in this months Banzai magazine.

Cheers

Dave

This is just a lil set back mate! Obviously i have only seen the pictures that are posted but it doesnt look like there is much structural damage!
Your saying you aint got time to rebuild it - there is no rush to! Take your time and rebuild it!
You know you want to :p
Im sure if you needed any parts there would be plenty of people from here willing to donate!

Chin up mate, bit of a ###### but could have been worse mate! Your still here to tell the story.

yeah. theres allready people offering a bodyshell.... i mean... you could still re-use the engine/gearbox/ suspenion etc.....

A bit of a severe swerve there Dave, any ideas what happened yet ? it looks to me like something in the front left suspension or steering let go under braking for that right hander, and what is the A-hole laughing at ? the pillock.

That's the weird thing!

I hadn't even got on the brakes yet, and only braked when trying to control, but you can see how fast it happens.

I had no chance!!!

Is it possible something fell off another car in front and into you!!?!! Shame the car didn't near miss the idiot laughing!

Thats mad. I'm really shocked by there laughing! If that was me, i'd have stopped to see if you were alright, after all, i'd want someone else to do the same if i was the one in the crash!

i loved the fact that you just see a corsa go past.... then a micra flying past twice as quick..lol

and the pillick that was laughing.. i dont think he was laughing at dave, cos he didnt start laughing till he got back to the pits. i think its cos the track was closed after just one lap...

omg thats insane, the car just totally spins for no reason! thats mad.

i am really curious now. i wonder what happened...

Just wanted to say Dave, very sorry to see this, certainly was a one off K11. Glad you got out alive seeing that video, the crash certainly looked nasty and considering that the K11 held up well.

Do what's right for you with regards bringing it back, maybe someone here will take it on and repair it, but the price will determine that.

Kev

You sure that you didn't get tagged by that Corsa, I thought that you did it on the main straight, not the approach to the hairpin?

on the video it is a severe reaction, I would put money on it being something like the front nearside track rod end or bottom joint letting go, anyway it's all academic now isn't it, I hope you're feeling better now and are going to carry on with a Micra in some form or another.

Glad to see you weren't seriously hurt.

Really sorry about the car, it was lovely and you should be very proud of what you achieved with it.

Hope you're feeling a bit better about the whole situation now.

Back