Little Bandit Is Dead!!!

well i hope its only something small .....althought i wish it was nothing to start with....just hope it can be fixed and back on the strip showing up those evo's again!!!!

No guys, unfortunately I'm not alright.

Was heading down the back straight at Knockhill and was already doing in excess of 120 mph as the needle was off the clock, and for some reason the car's back end just snapped out and sent me towards the tyre wall.

I hadn't touched the brakes and was still on throttle, so why the car became so unsettled at the rear I don't know.

The car hit the tyre wall still doing silly speeds at the n/s/f corner, and it kind of bounced along the tyre wall in a spin until it came round again to hit the front end, when it dug in and lifted the rear end clean off the ground.

DAMAGE:-

Both the intercooler and the radiator have been punctured.
The exhaust manifold is cracked.
The entire exhuast system is bent backwards.
The mass air flow meter has been cracked.
The o/s/f tyre has a large cut into the sidewall.
The front crossmember is completely destroyed and both front chassis legs are bent.
Both front wings are destroyed.
The bonnet is, well, twisted...LOL!
The front bumper is still at Knockhill somewhere, presumed well ######ed.
The Kenlowe fan that was attached to the front of the intercooler is also missing, presumed well ######ed as well.
I can't open the passenger side door.
Both rear panels are caved in.
The rear bumper is broken.
The boot is also caved in and cannot be opened without force.

I was taken away in an ambulance after I got home last night. I had felt sore as I had gotten out of the car, but upon returning home, I was barely able to get out of the car and my neck and head were killing me.

I also had pins and needles in my left arm and right leg, which is still there this morning.

Nothing broken, just bad whiplash and concussion. A number of cuts and bruises and sore all over really.

Part from that, the only other thing is a broken heart. I've dedicated 2 years of my life to the car, and it's been taken away from me in a second.

Thanks for your concern guys, because nobody seemed to give a #### last night, especially the group of guys who were laughing while standing next to my wife and she was in tears not knowing if I was dead or not.

I will upload pictures later on today!

Thanks

Dave

DSCF0168.jpg

DSCF0169.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

Will upload some more later!

Blimey. Glad your ok. Forget the idiots at the side of the track. I'm suprised your wife didn't give them a slap.

Could the rear tyre of burst or something? As thats the only thing i can think of to throw it off like you said.

I hope there are some parts you can salvage from it.

Holy #### mate! That's crazy, you should count your lucky stars whiplash and concussion is all you have after a crash like that.

The main thing is you're alright, however it's such a shame to see probably the fastest Micra this side of Japan, one that was making a name for the Micra in ways never seen before, now dented, battered and bruised.

Bringing LB back from the dead or moving on?

At least it was in controlled conditions though, imagine if that had happened on a motorway or A-road, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Best wishes for you and hope you get better soon mate.

James.

OMG Dave! i hope you are ok, that sounds sooo bad.
did the doctors say anything about you making a full recovery?

those guys are propper ****s for laughing! i hope the bumper flew off and hit them....

as for the car.... it looks bad. i have a 5 door shell you can have if its any help, and a wing, some lights, i can get a bonnet... don't know what to say mate...

hope you get better real soon, and hopefully we can see LB reborn? maybe LB2?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune dave. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sorry to hear this Dave, glad you're ok (considering).

Such a shame mate!! This car had everything, looks, power! what's the future hold?

Here's the rest...

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

I doubt it will be reborn I'm afraid as there is just too much work involved and I don't really have the time to do it anymore.

On a lighter note it was officially timed at 168.6 mph over the 1 mile 'Top Speed' run, enough to take 2nd place in the FWD class at TOTB 6.

I was just beaten by the 10 second Golf who ran 169.1 mph...1/2 mph out...DOH!!!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Cheers

Dave

very sorry to hear this dave, get yourself better before you think about the car. doesnt sound easy but its important....

Really sorry to hear that Dave! Main thing is that your alright,i know how much time and money you've put into LB and its a real shame she's gone.

Glad you are ok and that sounds like a nasty accident.

I think the car has stood up very well considering, testiment to the good workmanship and solid car that you and your mates have built. Little Bandit will be a happy memory for all micra enthusiasts despite its painful end for years to come im sure

Once again glad you are ok :)

I'm really sorry to hear of this Dave, Bandit was a legend, I know a lot of people including myself who are in awe of the achievements you have made with her, it was your car that inspired me to start modifying mine especially the 2 litre conversion I am planning, I hope that you wont let it put a stop to your Micra shennanigans, it's in your blood. As Nex has already said he has a shell there for you if you would consider starting again, I also have a 3 door shell that needs a new home if you are interested, I'm glad you're ok though - it could easily have been much worse news.

thats unbelievable!!!!!!! i cant believe it!!!!!

glad to hear your still in a better condition that i ever thought possible after a collision at that speed!!!!

what a nightmare!!!! sorry about "little bandit" dave!!!!! im sure its upsetting!!!! althought there are probably many more words to describe how your feeling!!

agreed.......in my opinion you should try and see if its possible to get the car back on the road if its not to much hassle and money etc......althought i cant see it being cheap!!!!!!

sorry again!!

napster

I appreciate the offers guys, I really do, but maybe it's just a sign to stop there!

I let you guys know!

a sign...hell no dave!!!!!!

you designing and building "little bandit" in the first place was a sign for all us micra owners to stand back and say "WOW" what an aceivement!!! i want a micra like that!!!!!

up to you though

glad your ok dude, i just read the write up in banzai..... damned shame.

probs not the time nor the place... but how much do you want for it?.... or have the insurers come to collect it....?

wow im sorry to hear this mate. the amount of times i have proved that a micra can kill a scooby by your vids on youtube is countless. if its just frame/body then i would go for LB2!!

take care and heal fast!!

Really sorry to hear that mate, really wish i couldve seen her before she went on. When your feeling better mate do us all a favour and put her in the for sale section, shes not dead yet...........well very nearly but not quite......well possibly depending on the chassis...........but lets hope not!

ah that sucks :( noticed youd got it featured in banzai aswell...that crash doesnt sound good and from the pics doesnt look too good either, glad you seem to be ok (in comparison to how it could have been).

Best bet as others have said is have a rest up and then see how you feel...

Terrible news. Very sorry to hear it.

It's not going to be the same now when I watch that video with the 60mph/80mph roll-ons thinking about just how wicked that car is.

Anyways, wishing you a speedy recovery!

im gutted and i didnt spend the pound notes jeezz. nah sorry to hear about your loss mate, glad to see you will make a full (and hopefully swift) recovery
im just sad for this amazing little car that i always (and will always) talk about when justifying owning a micra to sceptical mates/family members/collegues etc... epic preformance killer looks please please save it the world wont be the same without its existance:down:

it could have been alot lot worse looking on the brighter side. but still very bad and gutted for you mate

how did you go on at totb i searched for you times ect but didnt find any?

TOTB 6...

12.39 @ 126 mph (no traction is 1st 2nd or 3rd).

Proves that horsepower isn't everything!!!

6th in handling with just 1 attempt...LOL!

2nd in TOP SPEED with 168.6 mph over the standing mile.

The winner (10 second Golf) ran 169.1 mph...SO CLOSE!!!

Cheers

Dave

Aww no way mate. I saw this at totb last week and was amazed at how quick it was. Main thing is your ok mate, I know its not good but cars can be replaced. Hope things look up for you. :)

TOTB 6...

12.39 @ 126 mph (no traction is 1st 2nd or 3rd).

Proves that horsepower isn't everything!!!

6th in handling with just 1 attempt...LOL!

2nd in TOP SPEED with 168.6 mph over the standing mile.

The winner (10 second Golf) ran 169.1 mph...SO CLOSE!!!

Cheers

Dave

Sorry for te conversation change, but, i have been trying to prove to a (ford fenatic) work mate of mine how fast your car is, was, but he wont believe yours or other peoples posts, he wants hard facts, i have been arguing with him for months now, and need to get one up on him. are these stats published anywere on the web, so us ''jap crap'' owners can score one up on the fords??

cheers superls

Dave i hope you recover if you havnt allready, such a nasty accident

as for the car....i know how much you loved it as you said above i just really dont know what to say....take care..

Give it a few days and look back at what work is required, dont rush to any decisions. A couple of people have already offered shells! The bonnet, boot and other panel damage would be irrilevant. A few changes here and there and im sure you could have it reborn! I hope you do anyway!! it looked amazing and unfortunatly many of us never got to see it.

Back