Lightest wheel/tyre combo

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
I've done a bit of searching and got the brand Volk to have very light and strong wheels but also expensive, do you guys know what other brands that are as good or nearly as good but not nearly expensive?

Also do you know of any optimal wheel/tyre size? I just know that large rims are only for looks and not practical so I don't want that.

CMF_jcmicra

» CMF Member
buddyclub do really light/strong rims at a good price for brand new.
damn light for a 15 inch.

P1 Racing SF Challenge
15x6.5 35 5.9 Kg 4x100 199.00

P1 Racing SF
15x6.5 35 5.9 Kg 4x100 189.00

available at most shops in brisbane.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
enkei rpf1's in 15x7 are 4.3 kgs each, and you should be able to get a set new for under $1000 AUD (shiped from the states). I think they are the best deal for lightweigh but strong, well made wheels in that size.

Enkeis do come in 14's but very agressive offset.

You can get volk TE37's in 13 inch, but like you said many $$$.

however like you said its the wheel/tire combo. my enkeis with 195 50 r15 toyos are 600grams heavyer (each) than my 14 inch watanabes with 185 55 r14 tyres.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
which of those diamond racing wheels are light? The ones I looked at were roughly double the weight of the RPF1 in the same size...

Should be able to get rpf1 for slightly over $900 from the states at today's exchange rate.
If you want light get some 13x5 magnesium wheels (if you can find some) and fit some 155s.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
haha dunno, I know the old 4spoke Rebels had a high magnesium content, made them light but cracked easily, should be able to pick some up every now and then off gemini forums...

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
there was a set of those ^ for sale for $120, i wanted to buy them but didnt know much about them:(
they look awesome, but 114.3? such a shame

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
if you watch the auctions closely a set of 4x100 TE37's can be had for under 1k you just gotta know where to look. for strength and weight nothing really beats them.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
ooohhhh 1K ....thats 1/2 a micra..so much money to burn. Guess its tax return time.
Whats wrong with the factory steelie anyway 6kg only. With tyre 11kg. Put some decent 185/60r13 on them and ull have an unbreakable wheels. Worse come to worse u can always get a 2nd hand pulsar n13 steelie (they are same as micra) from junk yard for like $10. While ur at it get the front n13 calipers too ad18v i believe and they fit 13" steelie. Cant beat that for budget performance wheels. Only downside is the looks.

https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/47256

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
its alot of money to drop on a micra but parts usually hold their resale value quite well, i would say especially 4x100 TE37's as micra/mx-5 guys will prefer ones that bolt straight on rather than using 4x114.3 TE37 with an adaptor to fit them.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:
fit 13" steelie. Cant beat that for budget performance wheels. Only downside is the looks

you could always change the looks :) (and make them even lighter sill)

Attachments

• 69020.jpg
    69020.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"if you watch the auctions closely a set of 4x100 TE37's can be had for under 1k you just gotta know where to look. for strength and weight nothing really beats them.
And I would spend that money too!
Mimz WROTE:

"ooohhhh 1K ....thats 1/2 a micra..so much money to burn. Guess its tax return time.

Whats wrong with the factory steelie anyway 6kg only. With tyre 11kg. Put some decent 185/60r13 on them and ull have an unbreakable wheels. Worse come to worse u can always get a 2nd hand pulsar n13 steelie (they are same as micra) from junk yard for like $10. While ur at it get the front n13 calipers too ad18v i believe and they fit 13" steelie. Cant beat that for budget performance wheels. Only downside is the looks.

<a href="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/47256" title="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/47256" target="_blank">https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/47256</a>
It's just me, I just have to satisfy my desires according to my own moral compass, if that makes sense. :p

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
jcmicra WROTE:

"buddyclub do really light/strong rims at a good price for brand new.<BR>damn light for a 15 inch.<BR><BR>P1 Racing SF Challenge<BR>15x6.5 35 5.9 Kg 4x100 199.00<BR><BR>P1 Racing SF<BR>15x6.5 35 5.9 Kg 4x100 189.00<BR><BR>available at most shops in brisbane.

What shop is this from?

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
Anything over 5kg is really not lightweight for a Micra. Even my 13x6 SSR Formula Mesh were about bang on 5kg and that is quite heavy for a 13" wheel. I have 15x7s that weight 4.5kg and I was disappointed with how heavy they were.

If you want a lightweight wheel and tyre combo then 13 or 14" TE37s, CE28s or SSR Type Cs are probably as light as you are going to find without spending a fortune. The 14x6.5 +15 TE37 would be my choice, paired with a 185/55R14 tyre.

Back