lighter socket

hi
the fag lighter sockets didnt come with a lighter. it seems wider than usual sockets and car chargers for satnav and phone just keep popping out. is this common problem or am i missing some part that holds the plugs in?

never had this problem with mine mate if you would like to put a pic up of the inside of the socket i will compare it with mine and my mum`s k12`s for you

here is a pic taken from my mobile camera so not very good and for some odd reason its inverted and mirrored

2.jpg

mine didnt come with a cigarette lighter as well but a black lid.

My Tomtom Satnav and my sony ericsson charger don't pop out at all.

there are a couple of different sizes for cigarette lighters. strange realy when they are all the same plugs.

Vauxhalls, lotus elise and Renaults have a problem of having shallow and narrow sockets.

and with your car being a renault clio in a tutu, its got a french socket.

£7.99 at halfords and swap it for a uk spec one.

as standard micra's come with a 12 volt power socket not a cigarette lighter socket, that is an optional extra, they have a different sleeve. many chargers etc have spring loaded sides that hold them into these sort of sockets. the ashtrays by the way are not ashtrays either they will burn!! they are coin trays.

:)

how much of micra k12 is renault and how much of it is nissan. i have always had a toyota corolla. i am the realiability crazy sort. found the clio in a tutu funny as well but seriously how does its reliability compare to other jap ones???

from experience of 2 k12`s for the past two and a half years the only fault we have had is an o2 sensor go on the one that hardly moves that was fixed no problems under warrenty

Mine has the "12v Accessory Socket" instead of a cig lighter, but doesn't seem to work - Tried both the Sat Nav and a Phone Charger, which fit no probs, but neither work with it.

Only just got the car on Saturday there though, so not really had a chance to see if it's maybe just the fuse that's away or if the socket part needs replacing.

Finding a few wee quirks with the interior actually - The vent on the dash closest to the drivers window keeps popping out slightly and the glove box rattles a bit, but I've temporarily fixed that by stuffing a business card into the runners :laugh:

:)

how much of micra k12 is renault and how much of it is nissan. i have always had a toyota corolla. i am the realiability crazy sort. found the clio in a tutu funny as well but seriously how does its reliability compare to other jap ones???

from wikipedia: The Renault-Nissan Alliance is a unique group of two global companies linked by cross-shareholding, with Renault holding 44.3% of Nissan shares, while Nissan holds 15% of (non-voting) Renault shares.

Nissan has done worse than before in terms of reliability thats for sure, they used to be in the same league as toyota and honda and possibly the best in japan. but now they are probably on the par with mitsubishi which is not a good thing! :wasntme:

Back