wiring up the cigarette lighter AHHHHHHH

right guys i got a problem well sort of i need my ciggy lighter to work for my sat nav but it wont now i have had it off when i was changing my radio and i had to disconnect the cables now ive come to wire it bac up and i cant seem to get it to work no matter what combination i put the leads in it just wont work i took some pictures of the cables and the ciggy lighter itself so maybe u guys can tell me which lead plugs in where :p

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088-1.jpg

That tab on the side has got to be the earth so can be attached to anything metal on the chassis.

ryyt so the metal on the side connects to an earthing point and the red cable goes in which ever lead has power?

i tried what u said used the tab on the side and earthed it and then connected the red lead to every cable availible with absolutly no luck :(

Should just plug in... the wiring circuit on mine was tucked behind the carpet on the drivers side of the centre console!

in the first three pictures that you posted you had the cigarette lighter plug power and the light for the cig power in your hand, cant you just connect it to them?

have you checked to make sure the fuse hasn't blown,why didn't you get an original lighter socket from nissan or from a scrappy instead of an aftermarket one so you could just plug it in no messing around

right guys i got a problem well sort of i need my ciggy lighter to work for my sat nav but it wont now i have had it off when i was changing my radio and i had to disconnect the cables now ive come to wire it bac up and i cant seem to get it to work no matter what combination i put the leads in it just wont work i took some pictures of the cables and the ciggy lighter itself so maybe u guys can tell me which lead plugs in where :p

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088-1.jpg

the orange/blue wire is the live, and the black is the earth, that black connector in your first picture is for the cig lighter just plug it back on. then check you fuse's

Run a wire from the + and another one from the - on your cig light plug, it doesnt matter if its oem or not.
Dont forget to put a 15a fuse the nearest of the battery you can.

hey guys thanks for all your comments, the cig lighter came with the car its what was installed but i pushed too hard and it went through and it stopped working i broke it lol but i suppose good news was that i fixed my cig lighter it was just the fuse (derrr obvious thing to check) but the bad news was it then failed its MOT soo bad that i have now scrapped it :( i am looking for a new k11 or another car :p im so sad that its gone :(

Back