K11 Cigarrette Lighter Installation

Hi all,

I've just bought my first (used) Micra a week ago, a 1999 K11, and I love it. I Always wanted a Micra and it's living up to my expectations as a fun, pleasant vehicle. Now I need to install a cigarette lighter to use my SatNav system.

I went to Halfords and bought the 12v lighter kit, and even asked the advice of the guy working there. He used an altimeter to test my wiring and told me that the previous owner has done some modifications, which have removed the usual wiring I would have used to install the cigarette lighter. He said that I need to connect the lighter to the stereo wiring - the problem is, when I got home and had a look at the stereo wiring, I realised I have no idea what he's talking about.

I know that I need a black (earth) and red (live) but beyond that I am totally ignorant. I've searched the web and cannot find any help. All advice very much appreciated.

I'm also a bit worried that if I need to disconnect the battery I will need the stereo code, which i don't seem to have :(

Back