legal problems

richj

Deactivated Account
I bought a micra 5/12/07.

Around late 2008 I got a letter saying I was responsible for an accident in the micra on the 1st of dec 2007. I did not own the vehicle then, nor was I even aware it existed.

I had an accident investigator come round, I showed him the receipt I fortunately got the guy to write. He was convinced that I did not own the vehicle when the accident happened.

That was about 4 months ago. I thought the lieing #######s had gone away.

Today I received a letter from an insurance company saying that I was accused of owning the vehicle, and indeed driving the car when the accident happened. I am accused of liability.

Does anyone have experience dealing with situations like this?

I am going to get a lawyer and attempt (i think rightfully) to sue the people I bought the car from for false allegations and time spent dealing with litigation.

The receipt is absolute proof though as they signed it. sue the lying b-words and if that fails go round to them with a big iron bar and beat several shades of sh*t out of them, I hate people like that

My first thought was violence... I would really like to cave the guys head in, but - a) it is illegal and b) I would be the primary suspect. (not necessarily in that order).

I have a receipt showing the 5th, a log book showing the 5th, and 20+ workers who knew my father took the day off work to drive from portsmouth to london to see the car.

Even though I have all that, these #### heads are still pushing. They run a garage in london, and it seems the have a good knowledge of how things work.

I say every member on the forum takes a drive over to have word, they'd soon stop it.

Surely you not getting insured til the 5th will prove you didn't have it too

sounds silly but seek the citizen's advice bureua,im sure they can advise you and its free.

further to that wait for them to take you to court,let them send you a court declaration,then claim legal aid(this is free only if you are being summonds to court(correct me if im wrong)

that way when the evidence is in front of the judge he can see whats right etc etc.

please please dont back down from these low life #####!i cannot not stand it when people get wrongly accused, you have my support and alot of peoples on the forum

if nothing works im sure as ollyc98 says a hundred strong micra group woudnt go a miss!!ha ha

Micra meet on this guys lawn?

Unfortunately not my area of law, I only really cover contract law, negligence ect. And buildings, I know a lot about buildings.

You seem to have enough evidence anyway, but do you know for sure it is the last owners accusing you?

My first thought was violence... I would really like to cave the guys head in, but - a) it is illegal and b) I would be the primary suspect. (not necessarily in that order).

I have a receipt showing the 5th, a log book showing the 5th, and 20+ workers who knew my father took the day off work to drive from portsmouth to london to see the car.

Even though I have all that, these #### heads are still pushing. They run a garage in london, and it seems the have a good knowledge of how things work.

Where was the accident?

Nothing at all they can do and they know it, the insurers are only looking for their money and unfortunately for you they now have your name. Reminds me of the time honoured tradition of serving an innocent student on their 1st year of halls. Same thing happens year after year in student accomodation when someone leaves a debt, they try and get payment from the new tenants even though they have nothing to go on......they hope to meet a sap.

Make no further contact verbally or written until you have spoken to CAB on how to proceed. In my opinion ALL further correspondance should be directed to the last registered keeper, since the V5C states the previous owner.

As for the V5C, receipt not being enough, there's always the insurance database to provide evidence that the car was insured by the last owners at the time of the incident and if not they should be charged with driving whilst un-insured. Either way I would think the evidence available will be firmly in your favour.

I'll watch this post in the meantime.

Good luck and try not to get too frustrated.......things like this go on all the time. You'll go fine matey :)

Back