How stupid is this?

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
In march, this year I was involved in an accident. Some woman drove out infront of me on a roundabout. She admitted liability on the spot, and then admitted it to her insurance company too.

I then cliamed of her policy, they wrote off my car and gave me a cheque for £xxxx anyway I paid the cheque into my account and the case was closed on the 27th of March.

I get a letter this morning from MY insurance company saying she is trying to claim of my policy for this incident back in march...? WTF?

Sounds a bit stupid, but you've got all the proof from the previous investigation to show it went in your favour. I'm sure if they were refreshed with this evidence, which they should already have, it would put this to bed.

I sent them a letter with proof of the other investigation including witness names and old claims reference numbers (from when i claimed off her) hopefully she will get nowhere. obviously been watching too much claims direct adverts... made me so mad this mornin when i read it though

If the insurance has already paid out for the accident, then there is nothing she can do (assuming that her insurance company have paid to repair her car - which is highly likely seeing as she is trying to claim off her policy).
Craig

i take it you have all of your documents that refer to the accident from the solcitors ? just send them a copy of the final letter or the one that confirms it was her fault or ring your solicitor that delt on your behalf

i dealt with the case myself and i sent them some documentation prooving her company sent me a massive cheque. I also included the claim reference number on her insurance policy number so they can get all the details from direct line to proove she admitted it and they paid me out.

this isnt an admin error, i rang and confirmed that, also he is not going through her insurance - as her insurance already paid me out they would have just laughed in her face, im betting this is a "no win no fee claim" attempt. stupid edited, im going to take her to the cleaners for this.

Back