Leaking Sunroof

Hi guys,

My micra's sunroof has been leaking for some time now. It seems the seal has perished and in some places missing in the two front corners of the glass causing an annoying drip on my lap. Any idea if the glass panel can be removed in order to run a bead of silicone around the frame. A silicone nozzle or anything for that matter is two large to get access under the glass when its open and pivoting to apply any.

My sunroof is a manual one with the plastic handle above next to the drivers head. Squeeze each side and push up and it locks into place.

My mother is getting fed up with the washing off damp towels from my seats :p haha
Cheers

My dad's dutton has had a leaky sunroof since. ...before I was born lol
He just seals it up with silicone, whenever a leak reappears ^_^

I don't see it being too hard to remove the sunroof glass entirely and replacing it with new glass from a similar spec k11 with all the rubber seals etc too ;)

Just keep an eye on ebay for a suitable car breaking for parts

Cheers Jen, I tried sealing it with silicone but the leak is where the glass is nearly touching the frame when it pivots open so can't get any under it.

I'll have to keep my eye out for one :)

perhaps the sunroof drainage ports at the corners are blocked so the water overflows into the roof lining.

the glass is held to the assembly by some torx screws.
here I've taken mine apart

70307695.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-5#post-398750

Thanks for the reply, but my sunroof is completely different. It does not slide back completely like yours. Mine just pivots up when you squeeze the plastic clips in on the handle. There is no mechanism at all. Any idea if Nissan fitted any other types of sunroof or was mine potentially an aftermarket part?

Thanks

Yeah, just had a quick look and they look very similar. Cheers for that frank :) I'll have to have a good look in the daytime to see if there's anyway of removing the glass to reseal.

you might just need to "tweak" the pivots or pack the catch mate, so that it squashes the rubber seal a bit more tightly :)

A while ago i stupidly rubbed the seal the feel if it was brittle, and part of it subsequently fell on my lap :p so unfortunately i think a new seal will be needed. oh well!

Back