Ladies and Gents its time to bow out...

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
The time has come for me to drop my head and bow out of Micra Ownership. I'm getting ready to buy my new car in the next 2 or 3 weeks so its time to get rid of the K12 (its Getting stripped this weekend and put back to Standard). Its been fun and its been good owning 2 K12's in the last 2 years but the time has come to move on up a level and step into the world sports cars....so you'll be happy to know im sticking with Jap and im getting......

**drum roll***

A Mazda RX8 (231ps version)

I was gonna wait and get a Yaris Tsport but ive come across a few cracking RX-8's recently and the lure of a RWD sports car with 231ps and a 9K redline is just to luring.

BUT i wont be Micraless.....i should still have the cherry red K12 still for another couple of months before that gets replaced by a 160SR or a C+C.

I'll still be knocking around though. Fingers cross i might have the RX ready for next months NE meet.

Yeah i've just read on JNE. At least your still stopping here....notmuch choice really seeing as how you will probably always have a Micra in the family!
Good luck with the new car.

the only problem i have is will it fit in the garage....might have to move my mams fridge. if not it'll sit on the drive my insurance company isn't bothered where its put. The quote has stayed the same price.

yeah i need to check the oil every 500miles or every 2nd fill up. Should be Ok though...once i get into the practice of doing it.

nah i wont be at JAE thats why i havent mentioned it since the start of the year or signed up to the convoy down there.

Sorry to see you go and the Micra, was good to meet up with you at Donny too.

I Hope you'll stick around and still continue to the use the forum.

Thanks
Kev

good choice bud, but be weary of the oil.

i don't think its gets more luring than 231ps and rwd with a 9k limit mind, unless your me then its a 2 ltr turbo awd evo yum yum.

*enters vulture mode* can i have your exhaust?

fine choice Ian, but as someone says id personally go for the 350, but its upto you what you wanna pay for the insurance and that. anyways, since your strippin the k12, kirton would probably take your backbox off you like but he's in thailand at the mo for 3 weeks so i dunno.lol...anyways..lemme kno if you go through with buyin the rex. and hope to see your motor whatever you get at japtuner or jne.

ive already pm'd Kirton coz i said he could have first dibs at everything...but someone has already asked me about the backbox...I'm in know hurry to get rid of the bits....just the car. Should have it in 4 or 5 weeks now.

media

media

should be something like that in that colour.

chose the best colour..whats the mpg? i heard they are really bad :(

what else did you consider other than the yaris and 350z

its about 25mpg lol....heard 30mpg mentioned as well but i have a heavy foot.

yaris tsport, 350z, Civic Type R, Interga Type R (DC2 UK spec), Corrolla Tsport, Audi A3 2ltr tdi (GOT BORED WITH THAT ONE lol) clio 182,

to name a few

nismo_k12 said:

yaris tsport, 350z, Civic Type R, Interga Type R (DC2 UK spec), Corrolla Tsport, Audi A3 2ltr tdi (GOT BORED WITH THAT ONE lol) clio 182,

to name a few

didnt want an "older" car then. out of the ones you listed i would have chosen a itr .

nah i didnt want an older car i want something fairly new. The only reason i thought about the DC2 ITR was because my mate was selling his for cheap with low miles but he crashed it.

nismo_k12 said:

to name a few

25mpg is OK for a nice sports car. I was gettin around 15mpg in the V8, I'm still holdin my breath to see what the micra gives me. RX8 is a sweet car. Had a good look at the 350z and I think you went for the right one. But as was said, its all down to what you like.

Good luck wi the new car.

I have my sisters car sometimes and I get about 25mpg, and if I rip it then it can dip into around under 20mpg!!!

On another note, the rear doors are cool, my little lad loves it.

i know the Rx7's get about 35mg on the motorway, and about 17-25 round town :)

how much you spending on a rx8? i know you considered a DC2...not fancy a DC5 as you want a newer car then the DC2. id love a DC5.

good luck with the rx8. shame about not being right for the 350z.
i test drove a civic type r last week, wasnt as fun as my micra. test drives make you think about why your getting a car. big factor "is it fun?"
how does the rx8 drive?

Back