Keeping your member details up to date...

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I've discovered over the last couple months CMF members aren't updating their profiles very regularly, if at all...

I know some are keeping a specific thread to show the list of their mods and progress with their project which is good, but can be a pain for other members to search for.

If you know some simple html you can get a pretty good personal page going. This way people who want more info about you or your Micra just have to click the link through your member id and can see a heap of detail...

Here is something I have knocked up:

http://micra.com.au/community/member.php?userid=486

Or just click through "daily_ricer" on the upper left :eek:)

Not saying that I have any issues about anything in particular, just that I was pretty interested to know that inserting html worked when I tried it...

I still have to update the info regarding the lowered springs etc as I have installed them now. I'll add pictures and info when next I have the chance.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
daily_ricer WROTE:
I know some are keeping a specific thread to show the list of their mods and progress with their project which is good, but can be a pain for other members to search for.

Ha... the threads are not just for showing/posing the micras, it is also good for advices, questions, troubleshooting and more.
And i am not "that" computer-worm to create a profile like yours.
If every one keeps his profile up to date, ok, fine, but what is the way other people could know what is standing in the profiles?
If you use the community-search, it will show you all threads with the searched tags, not the profiles... so in my opinion a complete profile is not "that" panacea.

A few weeks or months i have talked about something like a gallery, some people was interested in it, but no one was really able to create it or spend his time on it.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Yeah, I know what you mean germank11, there is a bit of work involved in setting up the page to the extent that I have.

The forum function is great for getting advice etc and quickly sharing where you might be up to. In your case I know that you have been working hard on getting your new engine installed because I have seen the awesome progress thread.

But if another member hadn't visited the site for a while and hadn't seen your name before, they wouldn't know about the build you have going on. Out of interest they click your name on the left and it takes them to a page which states only that you are from Germany, you have a black micra, and an icq account... Even just to add a link to your progress thread in the "modifications" part would make it so much more easier for people to see what you are up to.

lol.

Again, I'm not saying people need to or should update their member details, just that it makes it easier for other members to find out more about each other. And that is possible to get creative with it.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
funky, to create the slide shows you need to have an account with something like http://www.slideroll.com/

I was using windows live space, but they have since updated the site and I can not find out now how to embed any of the new slide shows I have made into external sites.

I have played with slideroll for about 5 mins but it looks like it will work. You upload your pictures, edit the transitions and timing, then save. It will give you html code to embed into a web page. As I say I haven't tried it out fully yet but it looks like it should work here. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it seems to save it as a movie rather than a progression of pictures that you can navigate back and forward through.

As for the html to add bold or underline text, there are heaps of sites out there, just google something like "Basic HTML Tags"...

PM me if you want to though and I'll email you the HTML I used for my member details as an example.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
yep my details are all frozen in time. Cannot edit them.

daily ricer, you know you have the super rare and now no longer made Nismo hardened steering rack bushings? :)

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I do?

Yom, you did quite a bit of work to that little beast. littlebear mentioned that you had rebuilt the steering or somthing, but I didn't get the specs of the parts you used, I'll have to add that too. haha.

She's in good hands, just not wealthy ones, so some things I want to work on will have to wait...

Back