Welcome to the casual member lounge

cisco

» CMF Member
As per a few suggestions from quite a while back, I finally decided to set this up.

This is a place where members can talk to each other informally and just talk about anything.

Anyway go for it. In this forum, waffle on with whatever, definately does not have to stay related to micras.

Keep it clean though of course guys! :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Rocket, of course the chairs are good. Only the best.

Now matty, you can't wander into the girl's toilets like you did [repeatedly] in Brisbane when we went out. ha ha.

This is us:

Attachments

• 15252.jpg
    15252.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 30

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm we can only afford Sean (mighty_cg13de) at this stage. Actually Seano is an experienced barman, so would probably do a better job than Mr Connery.

But listen, we could work on the sponsor ads and possibly afford Sean Connery down the track.

cisco

» CMF Member
Actually, check out what the ads are advertising on this particular thread. Bahahah.

cisco

» CMF Member
Check out the pool room!

Attachments

• 15265.jpg
    15265.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
THe red light and red table might make me a bit angry. I suggest a soothing blue.

Don;t forget the poker room. Needs to be nice and dark.

Attachments

• 15266.jpg
    15266.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 35

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
i went to the sunny coast for a couple of days, soooo relaxing. stayed at twin waters. it was the best.

i think the lounge is an instant success. yay

Attachments

• 15267.jpg
    15267.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 31

cisco

» CMF Member
Nice chopped ads Yom :) I am easy, but I'm not cheap :)

Yeah good point, I think the billiard room needs renovation.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Good one Cisco.I dont know it all looks to nice and clean. Needs to be dark and dingy with Seano lurking behind the bar complete with shotgun under the bar and of course the pink shirt.
Uni sex toilet to keep Matty happy.
Pieces of Micra hanging off the walls,oil and grease stains on the floor.
Come on someone get cracking and design the Micra mans hangout. Women only let in if they own a Micra.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hey I like this hangout, Cisco. Perhaps you could install a hairdresser, masseur and manicurist for us girls to amuse ourselves when you guys get into all the technical talk. Speaking of which, went for some pretty long drives over the break despite the cost of petrol being through the roof. One thing though, I think my car needs some kind of sway bar fitted now, it doesn't corner as well as it used to, seems to sag in the front end and not be as precise and direct as well. Could be tyre pressure too I suppose. Any ideas?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Uprated swaybars are used as "band aid" solutions to deeper unerlying problems far too often these days (not just with micras but with ALL cars that people modify).

On your car it most likely the standard suspension starting to get tired.

(seriously here) some nismo engine mounts, steering rack mounts, castor bushings, rear trailing arm bushings and swaybar bushings all round would make the car feel as fresh as it came from the factory. Infact the harder engine and steering rack mounts will definately make it feel stiffer in the front end (the standard rubbers are very soft) and improve steering response.

Next on the shopping list should be some new shocks (KYB Excel G should be the only items on your shopping list right about now) - thats if you havent already replaced them.

If that still doesnt make you happy, mabye some quality sport tyres (hurry up and buy some Yokohama A539 in 175/60R13 profile if your tyres are running low on tread - they're running out FAST {Yoko has discontinued them 100% in australia for the last time apparentl} and they're absolutely fantastic tyres).

Once you've got good traction with acceptable body rebound control and you're not happy, then move to uprated swaybars. But don't just replace the rear. Do the front as well. Making the rear swaybar stiffer than the front isnt always a good idea for lower powered front wheel drive cars.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Should you need to quietly reflect in the members lounge, and 'unload' some worries, and 'dump' away your troubles, here is where you can. :D

Attachments

• 15286.jpg
    15286.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 40

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
micragirl I would say the front shock absorbers are getting tired.
Yes replace with KYB ones. Same thing happened with Family Hack where it started to wander a bit at speed.
Back shocks were okay just replaced the front ones and everything back to normal.
How many kls? Hack has 80,000 so that is an indication of when they start to wear.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
123,000klms...all I have had to do so far is have rear brake drums machined, wiper blades replaced and the horrible afm problem fixed. And that's since new! So I guess its time for me to start spending big $$$ or...test drive one of those sassy new Suzuki Swifts and make my decision. Who knows? Maybe I will hate the Swift and stick with the Mike. I hate new cars in that the first time you get an uncontrollable shopping trolley dent, your car seems no longer "new". Yes, some decisions will have to be made soon, when I get my pay out for my work injury :D

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
The only reason for considering a switch in motor vehicles is my inability to trust motor mechanics. Wouldn't it be good if you guys could form a conglomerate in your respective areas and maybe earn a few bucks on the side fixing the cars that you all know and love so well, its not easy for us girls to get under a bonnet, or start replacing shock absorbers and brake linings, not to mention getting the oil filter off so we can do an oil change without being charged for mindless extras that we didn't want.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
That's harsh, Aaron. For a start, the nerds at the tyre place put my wheel nuts on with the gun, there was no way I could loosen them to change a flat tyre 2 weeks ago....secondly, I didn't burn my bra at those ceremonies in the 60's, I do not profess to be a bloke, nor do I have any desire to behave as one. Thirdly, I am 50 at Christmas time, and even though I do not look it, my senses tell me it's a little late to start learning motor mechanics, it's better to leave things alone if you do not know anything about it. More harm than good has come of cars which have been tinkered from by "novices", from my experience. But thank you for your comment.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I feel its your front shocks. Take it to a reputable place like Pedders and get them to give an opinion and price.
Let us know what they say and we can let you know if it looks okay.
I do not think Pedders will try to rip you off to any extent.
No buy a Mini Cooper S and hose off most cars. Problem is they are so expensive and you are payinmg for the BMW badge.

Attachments

• 15319.jpg
    15319.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
/seconds Hack's suggestion of mini cooper s.

Second hand they're starting to get cheap though. Average cost in QLD for a second hand, 2003 cooper s with less than 100,000km is around $28,000. I saw a plain 2003 Cooper with 80,000km sell for only $24,000 on carsales.com.au a few weeks ago.

Should become cheaper late next year when they release a new revision, which is longer, wider and cheaper outright.

Servicing is also extremily cheap. You only have to service them when the ECU tells you to. :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Oh and by cheap, some motoring magazine compared them to a brand new Toyota Echo and the mini was over $400 cheaper to maintain over a year where you travel ~25,000km.

You don't always pay for that with parts though. The only manufacturers who have cheap parts these days are Holden and Ford - even then the cheap parts are for Commodores and Falcons only!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh but its not the speed you're paying for. When you buy a Mini Cooper S you're buying a whole lot more than a car (in many owner's eyes anyway).

You're buying something special, IMO.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Bar forget the new mini & get an old one (a few of my mates are mini fans & I constantly hear about how much they hate the new mini, to big, they say its more of a midi than a mini). Then with the money you save, shove a bike engine in the back :p. That would really scare the locals.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
heh and the new mini that is coming out is even bigger still

dont get me wrong i like the shape of the cars and think they'd be a great drive

but yes you pay a premium for it. from a performance point of view theres better bang for buck out there IMO

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The 07 update looks like BMW is trying to make the mini a better value for money car.

Its turning into a basic vanilla hatch. Next thing you know it'll have a 5 door option and a turbo diesel available.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah so much bang for buck nowdays.

Worst case, even spend $5k on an EF falcon. 157kw power 357Nm torque, massive wheelspin, low 8sec 0-100kmh. Falcons are terrible I know, but for pure straight line balls, you can't beat that power and torque for 5 grand.

Used 200sx, WRX, anything etc.

cisco

» CMF Member
Vodka redbull thanks big guy. Haven't had one of those for a long time. But planning too soon.

Man this life without having a job is just plain awesome. Now I understand while half of Australia is on the dole..

This Friday, drinks with ex-workmates after 5pm.
Next thursday, drinks with more ex-workmates after work.
Next Friday - drinks in Sydney with some Sydney mates
The Saturday - drinks in Newcastle with some good Newcastle mates, my dad, some of his mates.

Fire up. Those 3 nights in a row are going to demand some kind of redbull caper.

Back